Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

LO hates FIL

Lily has had stranger anxiety since she hit three months. Since then, she has gotten a little better but it all depends on her mood. Sometimes she lets others hold her, and sometimes she won't have anything to do with them. My IL's live five minutes away and don't see her very often-maybe twice a month. She is fine with MIL most of the time when she see's her. FIL is another story though. She won't even look at him. We tried to eat lunch with him today and she kept turning her body away from him when he spoke to her. She also screamed when he tried to hold her. Has anyone else gone through this? Is there anything I can do to get her to like him? I feel so bad!

Re: LO hates FIL

• Options

DD did that to my dad and brother for about 2 weeks and then got over it, but she doesn't really have stranger anxiety, so i don't know what the deal was.

does he have a beard or anything like that?  my sister was terrified of people with beards...including my dad.  he had to shave all the time when she was little.

• Options
    imagemajors31:

does he have a beard or anything like that?  my sister was terrified of people with beards...including my dad.  he had to shave all the time when she was little.

YES! He has a full beard and always wears hats.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mason hates my mother, she walks in the house and he does his sad face, with tears, and then a full blown cry. I don't get it...but if she keeps her distance and rolls a ball to him for a while he warms up and is okay. Its just weird.
  • Options

Katie hates my IL's.  I grin on the inside but I'd like her to be more comfortable with them...they're not evil, just loony and annoying.  We had to leave her with my MIL on Sunday while we went to a wedding and apparently she cried for 4 hours straight.  My MIL takes offense to her behavior and can't figure out why she cries.  I have to remind her EVERY SINGLE TIME that she has stranger anxiety and her response is, "Yeah but I'm not a stranger...I'm Nana!"  Like my daughter knows who that is. 

Anyway, she went on to say that there must be something wrong with her.  Again, I have to remind her about stranger anxiety.  Seriously, I have no idea how she raised two boys....she seriously needs me to tell her about this???  It's a viscous circle with her.

• Options
    G is the same way with my FIL. ?She hates and fears him. ?It makes me sad because he really love children and tries to hard with him but some reason just looking at him bring her to tears. ?I have noticed that she does not like most older men, though. ?I tease with DH's friends. ?If they try to hold her and G flips out I tell them its because they have reached old saggy balls man?territory. ?
    Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"