Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OPK line ?s

Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question.  I've been lurking and googling a bit, but I figured I'd jump in with a question...

I've previously been periodless with an IUD, so I have no idea what my cycle is doing.  I've been using OPKs since it was removed and the last few days have showed a significant darkening of the test line.  It's still slightly fainter than the control line, but very close.

Does this mean that I'm getting closer to ovulating? Is it normal to have a change in the color?  Does it just regularly vary?

Thanks. 

Re: OPK line ?s

• Options

Mine tend to get darker before I get a positive. So yes, I think that is normal.

p.s. I love your blog! We remodeled our entire house (it was the in-laws rental. Gross is an understatement). Such a fun experience. I subscribed :)

Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Options

Hmmm another Money Matters regular coming over to the dark side, I see? 

Are you using internet cheapies? I find those only get so dark. Not everyone has a fade-in but when I use IC's I generally do. Good luck, I would go hump it out!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't tell on my, Patty :)

Yeah, they're the internet cheapies.

And here's another dumb question.... I've just been using them like a HPT.   Do I really have to use the cup?

I feel like this whole process is so foreign.  I had know idea that I didn't know how much I didn't know.

• Options
    imagelaurenbncha#:

Don't tell on my, Patty :)

Yeah, they're the internet cheapies.

And here's another dumb question.... I've just been using them like a HPT.   Do I really have to use the cup?

I feel like this whole process is so foreign.  I had know idea that I didn't know how much I didn't know.

Yes, use the cup (or any cup). You need to dip them! (I assume you mean the cheap strips, not sticks?) Also, if you didn't before, Amazon gets you 30 OPK's and 10HPT's for around $12 shipped and they work well. Good luck!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"