Parenting after a Loss
Options

"no gifts" message

We are sending out evites for DD's birthday. It will just be family (but there are a lot of us!) and close friends (also a lot of them). There will be about 30 guests all together. I wanted to write something on the message about not bringing gifts. DH thinks that is kind of tacky, but I don't want people to feel obligated to bring a present. Did you do this? If so, how did you word it? Or, should I just let it go?

Re: "no gifts" message

• Options

I have received 2 bday invites that said "no gifts please". I didnt think it was tacky at all. Both had presents at the party.

What I did was when people got back to me, I acknowledged their response and simply said not to worry about a gift, their presence was gift enough. If they chose to give one, that was fine. If not, I was cool with it.

Regardless, people who want to give a gift will.

• Options

I stuck a note in my friend's invites that said:

Your presences is requested not presents.

Mainly because the other couple in our main group of friends that has kids don't invite us all to their kids birthday party and keep it "just" family.  But I felt it was important they be inivted to the fun stuff after being so awesome during the rough stuff over the last two years.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This website has some good ideas for present free parties: https://birthdayswithoutpressure.org/gifts.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"