Multiples

I failed my glucose test yesterday! :-(

The nurse called me this morning to tell me I didn't pass my glucose test. I only failed it by a few points though. She didn't mention me repeating it though. My doc said he's not going to make me poke my finger twice a day but that I needed to cut down on my starches and sugars...so what in the heck am I supposed to eat now? I get most of my calories from carbs and wonderful things like chocolate cake! It also turns out I'm anemic but she said she expected it to be alot worse. Maybe I can find some over the counter extra iron to take?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I failed my glucose test yesterday! :-(

• I had GD.  Go with more proteins in your diet and cut back on carbs.  They make diabetic snack and dinner bars that are great - not as good as chocolate cake - but better for your blood sugars.

I was also anemic and too iron supplements. It really helped my energy level.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Was this the one hour?  I came in borderline for my one hour with a 135.  My OB said, "That's no surprise."  I guess it's very common with multiples.  They sent me for the three hour test and I passed.  There are 4 markers and you need to fail 2/4 to be considered GD.  I failed only 1.  So I asked my OB if I should watch my diet since I seem to be borderline.  He was not concerned at all.  He said that if I want to be careful the most important thing for me to do was to make sure I'm having a protein at every meal... don't eat any meals that consist purely of carbs.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it was the one hour
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I failed the 1 hour with a 135.  That is common with twins.  I took the 3 hour today.  I had to fast from midnight (including water/brushing teeth) and they took my blood, I drank the drink, and they took my blood 3 more times.  Then I could drink/eat.  It wasn't too bad, but I ate too fast after and got sick feeling.  I was also tired since I went to bed at midnight, got up at 6:30, and sat around for 3 hours.  I took a nice long nap and am feeling better.  I pray I don't have it.  Like the PP said, you have to fail 2/4 to be considered GD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"