Preemies
Options

Anyone else scared to death then LO get sick?

My god, i feel sick just with worry. the NICU scared the crap out of me telling me how easy it is fr them to get seriously sick from minor colds. My older DD got a virus which caused a double ear infection and he of course got all three boys sick.  They were doing ok, mild low grade fever, stuffy noses.  I took J to the pedi office b/c his soft spot swelled and i was worried about meningities but doc said no.  Ahh i am just so keyed up thinking ever little thing will turn to serious illness and i know i should watch but i am making myself crazy for nothing? I think they are teething so it could be due to that too.....ahhhh:(  I just wish they could tell me if they are ok.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Just wondering how you deal when DC is sick?   I am th eonnly one who panics?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Anyone else scared to death then LO get sick?

• Options

I think it's totally normal to panic, esp. the first time they get a fever and clearly feel like crap. You're used to comforting them and making it better, and they cry and try to tell you they feel awful and there's nothing you can do except Tylenol. It blows.

DS has been sick a few times. With each new time, it still sucks, but I'm able to be a little more rational about the severity now. I remind myself things like: fevers <102/103 are still scary, but the ER wouldn't even admit him and look him over with that temp unless there are other really bad symptoms, like not drinking or not peeing. Then I'm usually able to calm down some, but this is only after having gone through the panic the first few times!

You're not crazy - you're a mommy and trying to protect her kids. It'll get better.

• Options
    I am here with you on this one!  I spent the last 7 days sick with worry because my DD (19 mo. old, only one cold since the NICU) got a stomach bug with diarrhea.  I really went off the deep end, and absolutely nothing came out of.  I think we are at the end of it after 7 days.  It doesn't help that I have a 6 week old baby here that I was paranoid about, too.  It was awful.  I know this will get better in time, but I really felt like a first time parent all over again!  Thank you for posting this.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"