Trying to Get Pregnant

F/U Appointment Tomorrow (from yesterday)(kinda long)

imagelilangelfac13:
So I called and made a appointment with my current OB to take about what my next step should be. I'm trying to relax but inside some part of me is freaking out thinking they will tell me something is wrong with me. How will I make it to 2:45 tomorrow? I never though at the age of 20 I would be questioning my fertility...

So my appointment today was a total and complete bust. I got there early, waited 15, then finally went back into the office. He basically told me "everything is normal" like he usually does. I repeated what I usually tell him about being off bc since November and still not getting a period on my own. That's almost 10 months. I told him I have been charting and using opk and I have not been ovulating, therefore not getting my period. He just brushed it off that he wasn't concerned because I young."As long as your having sex frequently, you'll eventually hit the mark." WTF does that mean. I can't hit a mark if I'm not having a mark to hit. I'm just even more upset and discouraged.

Doctor: So your still not getting you period?

Me: Nope, Its been 10 months since I have stopped bc.

Doctor: Well everything is normal. How often are you having sex?

Me: Usually around 4x a week.

Doctor: As long as your having sex regularly, you'll hit the mark.

Me: Well I'm not ovulating either. I haven't since I had a withdraw bleed in June after trying bc for a month to restart.

Doctor: Well as long as you had a withdraw bleed that is showing everything is working. You just have to wait it out. If you haven't gotten pregnant in a year then we will do infertility testing but I doubt it will get that far.

Me: Well how long do I wait before I should jump start my period?

Doctor: We will follow up with all this in a year or 6 months. But for now just keep doing what your doing. Your young, nothing will be wrong.

Then I left 10 mins later. Am I over-reacting here? I have a appointment at another doctor but it's not till November. I'm really unsure what to do at this point. Opinions please....

Re: F/U Appointment Tomorrow (from yesterday)(kinda long)

• I am pissed off for you!  Sounds like he is completely blowing you off.  I'm no doctor, but if you aren't ovulating, how is that "normal"??  I would get a second opinion or be more pushy with this guy. 

I'm sorry that you had that experience -- keep charting so that you continue to have evidence and hopefully you can find out something better in November or even find another doctor in the meantime.

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh, that sucks.  Being young can work in your favor, but you can't get KU with no ovulation.  I'm thinking you need a new doc - is the appt in Nov. to replace this clown?  I'm sorry you got such bad feedback; he sounds like a pretty ineffective doctor.  Sad

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • I would totally get a new doctor.  Is he aware that you are coming up on 1 year already in November?  I agree that you are young, but not having a period for 10 months is not healthy at any age.  I would try to find another doctor before your Nov. appt.  I'm sorry he's being such an @ss.  GL though.
  • Thanks guys! I'm going to definitely keep charting. The appointment in November is to definitely replace this guy. I just wish it was sooner than later. I'm just so frustrated because it everything I said he just brushed me off. I think he just thought I was frustrated because I wasn't pregnant. I frustrated because there is no way I can get pregnant right now! I wish I could just yell at him. He was a family doctor which is why I went to him first. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Run. Run quickly away from this doctor.

He sounds like an idiot AND a d-bag who has no concept of how a woman's reproductive system works whatsoever.

You should buy him a copy of TCOYF and leave it on his doorstep.

Sorry he's an idiot and not helpful. Good luck with the new doctor!

Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • imagelilangelfac13:
    Thanks guys! I'm going to definitely keep charting. The appointment in November is to definitely replace this guy. I just wish it was sooner than later. I'm just so frustrated because it everything I said he just brushed me off. I think he just thought I was frustrated because I wasn't pregnant. I frustrated because there is no way I can get pregnant right now! I wish I could just yell at him. He was a family doctor which is why I went to him first. Thanks for letting me vent.

I tried explaining this to MH a few cycles back when he told me, "it'll happen."  Um, HELLO!  It won't happen if I'm not Oing.  At least MH isn't a ob/gyn who should know that basic part of getting pregnant.  I really hope it works out for you and a new doctor treats you better.

• I am so sorry that you are not getting the help you need.

Please go see another doctor. There is no reason to have to deal with that guys crap and you obviously need some answers. 

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• I am sorry your doctor blew off your concerns.  You are not overreacting at all.  I would find a new doctor and I hope you have much luck with your new doctor in November.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh, you are not over-reacting. I seriously think you need a new doctor. I understand waiting a year if you have normal cycles, but you're not. Ugh! I'm sorry you are dealing with this!
  • imageSaucyRedhead:

Run. Run quickly away from this doctor.

He sounds like an idiot AND a d-bag who has no concept of how a woman's reproductive system works whatsoever.

All of this!! Get a new doc asap. I'm sorry you have to deal with him. He reminds me a little of the obgyn I had to get rid of too.

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  •  Thanks guys. You have all reassured me that I am not crazy. I think I might try to call up my soon-to-be new doctor and tell them whats going on and see if I can't get in sooner.

P.S. THIS------

imageSaucyRedhead:

Run. Run quickly away from this doctor.

MADE MY DAY!

Thank you all for being so supportive!
  • Looks that that doctor needs some remedial med school.

There could be a couple of reasons why your cycles are so messed up.  One is that if you went on the pill to regulate your cycles, then whatever caused them to be irregular hasn't been fixed.  The pill does NOT regulate your cycles.  It simply flatlines your normal hormones, suppresses ovulation (most of the time) and then gives you a chemical-withdrawl-induced bleed at the end so that you feel like you're having your period.  If you had irregular periods before the pill, then you can expect to have irregular periods after your pill.  

Also, sometimes the pill itself can impair fertility.  *Most* people recover within a year and many even sooner.  However, it can take up to 2 years and even longer for your body to snap back into place and work as it should.  However, normally cycles don't run that long and it's good that you're trying to figure out what the issue is.

Good luck at finding the solution.  Hope the second doctor has a better grip on physiology.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"