Trouble TTC

If you've had an HSG, please come in

I had an ectopic pregnancy in April.  My doctor did surgery and ended up removing my tube, along with the pregnancy.  She was able to look at my other tube during the surgery and she determined that it was clear and free of any scarring or endometriosis.  We just started trying again this month. Her plan is if I'm not pregnant in six months, she will be then do an HSG.  

I don't want to be an alarmist, but I kind of feel like I should have the HSG done now, rather than wait the six months.  Did any of you try for awhile and then have the HSG done or have it done right away?  I'm just looking for any advice or other experiences.  Thank you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Two angel babies 11/09 and 4/10

Re: If you've had an HSG, please come in

• My RE lined up the SA, the HSG and all bloodwork, ultra sound and urine samples right after our first appointment.  She wanted a full picture of what we were dealing with and I completely agreed.
  • I had my HSG after my 2nd m/c. Neither of mine were ectopic. So I'm not sure if that usually triggers a faster route to HSG or not. 
    Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Loading the player...
  • I had the HSG done once we had been trying for 13 months with no success.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSweetieD21:
    I had the HSG done once we had been trying for 13 months with no success.

This.  It was 2 months after I first went to the RE.

• I started TTC with my RE, not OB so the first thing we did was run bloodwork, SA and HSG before he would even discuss treatment options.
  • My Dr wants to do 3 cycles with Clomid before doing an HSG as I have had a c/p and my insurance doesn't cover it.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • I had mine done after 12 months of TTC.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Hi!  I haven't introduced myself on this board, but I had the same surgery earlier this month.  My doctor is recommending an HSG, but I think this is because they found a few large fibroids as well.  They also said that both of my tubes looked clear and healthy - except for th ectopic pregnancy.  The remaining tube should be OK.

BFP #1 7/21/10; Dx EP 8/2/10 - lost right tube ~ Myomectomy to remove fibroids - 11/12/10 ~ BFP #2 - 2/8/11 (EDD - 10/21/11) ~ C-Section on 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My GYN did a HSG after 11 month of timed intercourse and also ordered a SA
  • Originally my doctor said that I had to do the HSG before starting clomid, but she changed her mind at the last second and allowed me to complete 4 rounds before having the test done.  It ened up showing that my left tube was blocked, which would have been very helpful to know before the clomid. 

Considering that you have already had one eptopic in April, I would have it done now, so that you don't risk losing that other tube. 

• I had mine after 11 months of trying.
  • I'm sorry for your loss :(

I had mine done after 2 1/2 years of trying, right before I went to the RE.  I wouldn't worry too, too much about it if I were you.  You just got the all clear in April and since you haven't started TTC yet, you don't have any reason to believe you will have an issue getting pregnant - it is definitely still possible with one tube.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"