Baby Names

DH's new fave...

Jacoby.... thoughts?

This one came out of complete left field. I can't decide how I feel about it. His other boy pick is Calvin, which I wasn't keen on at first, but it's grown on me.

FYI, I'm willing to concede to DH on a name I like (but not love) for a boy in exchange for ultimate say in a girl's name. Sort of a "you name boys, I name girls" arrangement.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
P/SAIF Welcome
Invisible Finish Line
3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.

Re: DH's new fave...

• Honestly I like Jacoby.

I went to school with a guy named Jacoby and it was cute little kids name and now that he has grown it fits an adult. I also don't mind Calvin either which is your other choice.

• We have a personal injury lawyer in my area that is all over tv "Jacoby & Myers" .....so it reminds me of that which makes it hard for me to see it as a fn.  I prefer Jacob to Jacoby, and I actually kinda like Calvin.  I think you're right its def one of those names that grows on you. 

What's the girl's name you're holding out for?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11.10.10 from my belly to my heart at 11wks 5days

• Loading the player...
  • imagedana1318a:

We have a personal injury lawyer in my area that is all over tv "Jacoby & Myers" .....so it reminds me of that which makes it hard for me to see it as a fn.  I prefer Jacob to Jacoby, and I actually kinda like Calvin.  I think you're right its def one of those names that grows on you. 

What's the girl's name you're holding out for?? 

Ha! So do we, and I told DH that's what it reminds me of.

The girl name we both like as of now is Morgan Ainsley. But I really don't like his girl name choices, so I would rather give him say on a boy's name (with veto power if I 100% can't stand it, of course).

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • Well if he's a football fan, his name suggestion didnt come from left field, it came from the 50 yard line. Jacoby Jones is a great football player on the Houston Texans... I love it too!
  • I like Calvin much more than Jacoby.  Sounds more like a last name than a first name.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• imagebrookelynpaisley:
    The girl name we both like as of now is Morgan Ainsley. But I really don't like his girl name choices, so I would rather give him say on a boy's name (with veto power if I 100% can't stand it, of course).

Very pretty!!  So he likes it but its not his top choice?  Or are you just planning ahead incase he changes his mind when you have a DD lol

• imagedana1318a:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Very pretty!!  So he likes it but its not his top choice?  Or are you just planning ahead incase he changes his mind when you have a DD lol

Exactly. His choices are Hilary and Kayla, neither of which I like. He's happy with Morgan Ainsley as of now. I guess I'm just wanting a bargaining chip. I care more about girl names than I do boy's I guess.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagekelle017:
    I like Calvin much more than Jacoby.  Sounds more like a last name than a first name.

Calvin would be for future DS #1. I guess he's thinking ahead to future DS #2. We hadn't talked names in a while and we just chatting over dinner last night and he pulled Jacoby out of his back pocket. But I agree with you that it sounds more like a surname.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagedana1318a:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Exactly. His choices are Hilary and Kayla, neither of which I like. He's happy with Morgan Ainsley as of now. I guess I'm just wanting a bargaining chip. I care more about girl names than I do boy's I guess.

Ha I should really try this...DH picked out our future DDs name (Claire) which luckily I've fallen in love with  :)   But we don't agree on boys!!  So I should just let him think he "won" the girls name, and I'll pick for a boy!  lol why didn't I think of this!!?!

And ps call me creeper..but I just clicked on your married blog link and wanted to say your wedding looked beautiful!!  LOVE your cake, and we felt the same way about the first dance lol

• imagedana1318a:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagedana1318a:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Ha I should really try this...DH picked out our future DDs name (Claire) which luckily I've fallen in love with  :)   But we don't agree on boys!!  So I should just let him think he "won" the girls name, and I'll pick for a boy!  lol why didn't I think of this!!?!

And ps call me creeper..but I just clicked on your married blog link and wanted to say your wedding looked beautiful!!  LOVE your cake, and we felt the same way about the first dance lol

I think a compromise is totally fine. We have such vastly different taste in names, that one of us is going to feel like we're losing a little. I just feel like I'd lose a lot more on girl names if he "won." You should definitely use this on your husband.  

Aw, thanks! We had such a fun day, and it was exactly what we wanted. I wish I'd gone with a better photographer (we used a friend who does model photography, but very few weddings), but he got some fabulous moments/shots, so I can't complain.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

Jacoby.... thoughts?

This one came out of complete left field.

Lol. It probably did come out of left field ? as in Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury. Jacoby is a top-100 name here in Boston. It's not my favorite name, but it's not bad. Jacoby Ellsbury's not bad either.

• imageplunderb:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

Jacoby.... thoughts?

This one came out of complete left field.

Lol. It probably did come out of left field ? as in Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury. Jacoby is a top-100 name here in Boston. It's not my favorite name, but it's not bad. Jacoby Ellsbury's not bad either. 

Ha! I should have googled to see where he got it. He's not a baseball fan, but he could have picked it up watching Sport Center. My guess was Jacoby Shaddix from Papa Roach.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • I just heard that name for the first time recently.  I know a woman named Jacoby.  I like it more for a girl, but I can totally see how it could be a boy's name too.
  • I like Jacoby a lot! Like Jacoby Ellsbury. :)
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

FYI, I'm willing to concede to DH on a name I like (but not love) for a boy in exchange for ultimate say in a girl's name. Sort of a "you name boys, I name girls" arrangement.

JMO - I don't think this is a good idea (for many reasons), but especially because who is to say you are ever going to have a girl?

To answer your original question, I love Jacob, but not Jacoby. It sounds really weird to me.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • How do you pronounce this?  Is it Jacob-eeee or Ja-kobe?  I feel like either way I feel like it sounds a bit odd.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Is he a Red Sox fan? They have a player named Jacoby Ellsbury. I actually kind of like the name Jacoby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"