Breastfeeding
Options

2nd day pumping at work

UGH. Yesterday I did so great with pumping, I even got 1 more ounce than what she ate while we were apart. Today I only got 6 ounces total..... :(

Re: 2nd day pumping at work

• Options
    Are you doing breast compressions/breast massage - I find that really helped me increase a few ounces for the day over what i was getting in the first few weeks.  The first week was hard, I found that once I got use to everything and got my routine, my output increased.  Can you add an extra pump session in at home? Taking too often from freezer stash may reduce your supply. Adding a pump session at work, even if shorter, is better than going longer. I know how hard it is to make time to pump at work!
  • Options
    Be sure to drink TONS of water.  And try not to stress.  I know it's hard!!!  I eat oatmeal every morning.  But water is huge.  Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecindyhow:
    Are you doing breast compressions/breast massage - I find that really helped me increase a few ounces for the day over what i was getting in the first few weeks.  The first week was hard, I found that once I got use to everything and got my routine, my output increased.  Can you add an extra pump session in at home? Taking too often from freezer stash may reduce your supply. Adding a pump session at work, even if shorter, is better than going longer. I know how hard it is to make time to pump at work!

this too!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"