Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NOT drinking enough cow's milk..

Is my LO the only 15 month old not drinking/liking cow's milk?! Sad
He's always been BF, in fact, he still is but I can't get him to drink milk... he takes a few sips but that's all.... What should I do?  Tongue Tied

Re: NOT drinking enough cow's milk..

• Have you tried pumping and slowly mixing BM with cow's milk in a bottle or sippie (which ever he'll use better)?  That's how we transitioned.  But, my DS is also not a big milk drinker.  On a good day he'll drink about 4 oz from a sippie cup and then 6-7 oz in a bottle before bed.  The bedtime bottle is that only reliable way to get him to drink milk.  Luckily he is a huge fan of yogurt and cheese.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • when did you start him on milk? if it was right at 12m and he still hates it then he just might never like milk.   it took my DS about a month to get used to it, but by 15 m he was all about it.    it's no big deal if he doesn't drink it though, just keep his calcium coming in cheese and yogurt. 
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imagenicnjed:
    Have you tried pumping and slowly mixing BM with cow's milk in a bottle or sippie (which ever he'll use better)?  That's how we transitioned.  But, my DS is also not a big milk drinker.  On a good day he'll drink about 4 oz from a sippie cup and then 6-7 oz in a bottle before bed.  The bedtime bottle is that only reliable way to get him to drink milk.  Luckily he is a huge fan of yogurt and cheese.

I tried but he still doesn't like it... not even at bed time Sad. He does love cheese and yogurt so I feel a little better Tongue Tied Thanks!

• My DD is 16 months old and doesn't drink much milk. She never really took to it well. Some days she'll drink 6-8 oz and I am thrilled (this is RARE though!) Most days it's about 2-3 oz. She drinks water and some juice/water mix the rest of the time. But even then, she doesn't drink a ton of fluids. She eats a lot of fruit though and cheese and yogurt are always enjoyed! I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Ds wouldn't drink cows milk till 19.5 months.  Just make sure to give plenty of yogurt and cheese.  If you DC is nursing 2 to 3 times per day, your DC is getting all their dairy needs met (even if the nursing sessions are really short).

Thomas ~ 07/07/2008 ~ 8 lbs, 5 oz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

What's in my camera bag: Nikon D5000, Kit Lens 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G, Tamron 28-75mm, SB 600 Speedlight

Global Developmental Delay consisting of a receptive language delay and self help skills delay

• DD hates cow's milk. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt and still breastfeeds at night, so I'm not concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"