Multiples

Toddler bed transition

How did this work for you? My girls share a room and I'm terrified of upsetting their sleeping habits. But I know I need to convert soon since Audrey is a monkey and will probably be climbing out of her crib soon. Should I put them in separate rooms? Be prepared for WWIII?

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

Re: Toddler bed transition

• CRIB TENTS. CRIB TENTS.

lemme say it again.

CRIB TENTS.

(that's my opinion.)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imagepea-kay:

CRIB TENTS. CRIB TENTS.

lemme say it again.

CRIB TENTS.

(that's my opinion.)

Bwahaha. I'm guessing crib tents?

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Loading the player...
  • imageDarthNBJenni:
    imagepea-kay:

CRIB TENTS. CRIB TENTS.

lemme say it again.

CRIB TENTS.

(that's my opinion.)

Bwahaha. I'm guessing crib tents?

how'd ya guess? :P

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • How old are your girls? I didn't see an age in your siggy. Personally I would not move any child under the age of 2 to a toddler bed, and even then, not all 2 year olds are ready.  I would do crib tents before moving them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also agree with Peakay and PP, I don't know how old your girls are but crib tents would be my answer if they are under the age of at least 2 1/2 yo. My girls are going on 26 months old and luckily have never shown an interest in climbing out of their cribs, which is surprising because they climb on everything else in my house. If they try to climb out before Christmas, I am getting cribs tents. I am really hoping I can actually get them to the Spring which would put them at about 32 months old before I convert them to toddler beds.

The main reason I am waiting is because I really don't want to deal with the 2 of them in their room together not confined to cribs. We are keeping them in the same room and it is going to be very hard at first, I suspect. They are going to have that freedom and I expect a few nights of them playing and jumping on beds until they pass out a couple hours after bedtime, before they get into just going to bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We made the switch at 2 years 7 months and they did great. It only took one night of them coming in and out for them to stay in their beds. Now nap time, thats a different story, naps are totally hit and miss now. I am not sure how much of that is due to their age, and how much due to the beds. hth! 

• We just transitioned to a toddler bed with my singleton a couple weeks ago.  She was climbing out every day and then fell climbing out.  I was waiting for a crib tent to be delivered, but she fell and we couldn't wait anymore so we just took the front of her convertible crib off, put on one of those rails that secure under the mattress and she has been fine.  We completely child-proofed her room.  When we put her down at night she stays in bed and doesn't get up.  Then in the morning she'll get up and play and then eventually open her door (we also have a gate in front of her door) and call for us.  We were lucky in that she did fine with the transition even though she is only 19 months old.  Kinda glad to have it over and done with before the twins come.  Now with twins, I'd probably have stuck with the crib tent unless they were both good sleepers like my DD.  

If they haven't climbed out yet, I wouldn't worry though.  We didn't do anything until she actually climbed out.  Maybe order the crib tents and have them on hand for when they do climb out! 

• 23 months. Thanks for the advice!

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"