Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

XP: My baby's heart stopped.

I went in for my ultrasound this afternoon and I knew pretty much right away that it wasn't going to be good news.  The technician wasn't saying anything and I didn't see anything that resembled a heartbeat.  The baby measured 6w6d and the sac measured 5w3d.  I don't remember what the sac was last week when they saw the heartbeat, but the baby measured 6w3d when I was 6w5d.  My doctor told me to keep my ultrasound appointment for this Wednesday so they can take really careful measurements again just to double-check everything.  I am not expecting anything though.  It would be different if there was no heartbeat last week because the radiologist did say that I'm still on the cusp of when they can normally see it.  I just can't imagine that the hospital's equipment is that much better than the place I went today.  So, now I just wait and see what happens and hope that I don't miscarry in school.  My kindergarteners come tomorrow, but luckily we have half-days this week.  I had such an empty, alone feeling right after the ultrasound, but I'm starting to feel slightly better.  I'm just so exhausted from all of the ups and downs on this emotional rollercoaster and am somewhat relieved that at least I don't have to wonder anymore if my baby is going to live or die.  I just can't wait for it to all be over with so I can begin to move on.

Re: XP: My baby's heart stopped.

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I just went through the exact same thing 2 weeks ago.  My heart goes out to you.
    #1 Born 10/26/01 - Lindsey Nichole #2 Born 7/14/05 - Kylie Marie #3 BFP 6/16/10, u/s 8/17/10 @ 13 wks 1d, measured 7 wks, 5 d D&E 8/19/10 #4 BFP 12/19/10 - CP 12/25/10 #5 BFP 4/25/11 - Please stick Little One! TTCAL buddies with luckymrs., mandy6418, olivia_eve (BFP), AshB62, Ann003, Ryan&Kristin062009 (BFP), Shaka114, and Angeleyes5604. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Gosh, that brings me back to two weeks ago when I was getting an u/s and she wasn't say anything at all and it seemed to take forever. Turns out there was nothing left, it all had bled out a couple hours earlier :( But it was my 1st pregnancy, and I didn't know if the u/s tech was supposed to say anything or not, I just had a bad feeling she wasn't finding anything. I'm sorry for your loss :(
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I remember your posts on the April board.

I had a similar experience, only we never saw the heartbeat. We went in for our first u/s on Aug. 23 and the baby measured 6w4d, with no heartbeat. I knew right away, from experience with DD, that something was wrong because I saw no heartbeat.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    I'm so sorry it turned out this way, I know you were back and forth for a while.  Big hugs to you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss, and for the limbo you were in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Big hugs...so so sorry
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a similar situation and the waiting is definitely the worst part!
  • Options

I am so, so sorry for your loss :(

I just had my 3rd m/c and the last 2 both ended like yours (no heartbeat after seeing a healthy one.....). Its a cruel joke :(

I'm also a teacher and start school tomorrow.

I feel like I haven't had time to grieve between preparing for school and taking care of my sons......

Please try and take some time for yourself....

(((HUGS))) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCMM05:

I am so, so sorry for your loss :(

I just had my 3rd m/c and the last 2 both ended like yours (no heartbeat after seeing a healthy one.....). Its a cruel joke :(

I'm also a teacher and start school tomorrow.

I feel like I haven't had time to grieve between preparing for school and taking care of my sons......

Please try and take some time for yourself....

(((HUGS))) 

Yeah, the timing is definitely bittersweet.  I actually felt my happiest when I was working in my classroom last week because it gave me another focus.  At the same time, I would love at least one more day at home, especially since I haven't miscarried yet.  I'm so worried about it happening at school.

• Options
    I am so sorry. I am a teacher too, heading back tomorrow. You are where I was 2 weeks ago. Hugs for you.
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through all of this.

Honestly my situation was exactly the same and 5 weeks of ultrasounds was just exhausting, honestly I think at the end when my Dr. finally said the words I was emotionally glad to be moving in one direction. All the ups and downs after having a normal pregnancy already was really overwelming. I was also so ready for my d&c so I could just move forward. Mine was 2 weeks ago tomorrow and as of today I feel physically almost 100% now and emtionally I am really getting there. Some days it hits harder and having alittle one doesn't give you time for yourself.

Just make sure you do take the time to grieve if you need it. I had a big all out cry day right before my d&c and it helped.

I hope you will have more answers soon.

Jackson arrived 7/7/08! BFP2 7.15.10 D&C 8.17.10 BFP3 8.10.11 MC 8.16.11 BFP4 9.22.11 MC 10.13.11
  • Options

Im so sorry for your lost , i had the same situation over 3 moths ago, we went for a regular check up and the doctor didnt found heart beat i was 10 weeks when this happen and the doctor said the baby didnt grow more than seven weeks, i had a miss misscarriage i was spotting since my 5 week but i was send home for two days and not to have intercourse ,we follow instructions and after that the spotting stop until the same day of the check up that i start spotting again and we were given the sad news that our first baby it wasnt there no more :( , i had a D&C the next day , and now waiting to TTC because the doctor suggested to wait at leat 3 m.p  to try again, Im so sorry again hope you can feel better soon.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I also had a smiliar situation - my spotting started 2 days after my BFP, had 2 great u/s including one where we saw the h/b at 8w, then started bleeding heavily a week and a half later and found no h/b at 9w4d.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, I remember you from April 2011.  (((hugs)))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"