Indiana Babies
Options

Another daycare question

Mads threw up all over herself after yesterday morning's snack (shoes, pants, shirt, everything) and didn't eat lunch or afternoon snack.  I didn't know about it until I picked her up at 5:45.  She wasn't running a fever.  Would you expect a phone call?  She has never done this before.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another daycare question

• Options
    I definitely would but then again my child isn't in day care so I don't know the protocol. Do you suspect a food allergy? That's what would worry me.
  • Options

imagekelclay724:
    I definitely would but then again my child isn't in day care so I don't know the protocol. Do you suspect a food allergy? That's what would worry me.

We're not suspecting an allergy.  She had a normal dinner the night before, breakfast at daycare was fruit loops and applesauce (not very excited about that, but that's another story) and then snack was yogurt which she has all the time.  She ate dinner fine last night and ate this morning at home before daycare. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would expect a call and I would get one from our daycare provider.  If E or any other child there got sick she would call us and most likely we would have to pick her up. 
  • Options

T isn't in a daycare situation, but that's something that our nanny would definitely call me about, even if a fever were absent. 

When he was in daycare, I'm pretty sure that vomit of any kind (associated with a fever or not) was cause for removal from daycare within an hour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageIU_baby:

T isn't in a daycare situation, but that's something that our nanny would definitely call me about, even if a fever were absent. 

When he was in daycare, I'm pretty sure that vomit of any kind (associated with a fever or not) was cause for removal from daycare within an hour.

I was pretty sure this was what the policy was.  Not to mention they said she "didn't act like herself yesterday".  

• Options
    I would want a call - maybe not after the morning's snack but def. after no lunch -but's that's me.  If you request a call would they call you?  When we had our nanny(I was working) I asked for all updates like that. 
  • Options
    jake's teacher would be on the phone with me right away.
  • Options

imagekelclay724:
    I definitely would but then again my child isn't in day care so I don't know the protocol.

This.  I was under the assumption that's how daycare worked.  

• Options

I'm pretty sure that vomiting would require us to pick Haley up and then she would have to have 24 hours with no additional vomiting before she can return to daycare.  It's been a while since I looked at the policy, but I think that's it.  I think I would have expected a phone call.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"