Hawaii Babies
Options

A food post :)

So I feel like Bella's always getting the same things for lunches and dinners and that's kind of what we do for ourselves too (don't you find yourself making the same things week after week because they're easy and you don't have to think too hard about it??) Anyhow, I'm wondering what everyone is feeding their one year old. Usually she gets yogurt, toast and fruit for breakfast or oatmeal and fruit. For lunch it's usually turkey, beef, fish or chicken (always baked or steamed) and a veggie and the same type of stuff for dinner. Or if we're eating a decent dinner (not burgers or fried foods) then she'll get that for dinner. For snacks, it's applesauce (she loves it!), cheddar bunnies, whole grain crackers, or fruit... Any suggestions?

Also what's for dinner this week at your house? This pregnancy is making me crazy... food NEVER sounds good! With Bella I ate everything and anything my entire pregnancy! 

Re: A food post :)

• Options

Actually, your meals sound a lot like the ones in our household too.  Libby has been sick so she's not been eating food at all for a few days.  We started with BLW last month so she's only on fruits, veggies and rice puffs or crackers for now, but soon we'll introduce meat/poultry and more grains.

We eat a lot of the same things too, but they do tend to change seasonally...still our meals are based upon whole grains, lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies.  We rarely have elaborate meals...more like protein, veggie and starch...so grilled chicken, sauteed spinach and baked potato or turkey meatballs with quinoa pasta, tomato sauce and steamed broccoli, etc.  Lunches are generally similar or sometimes a egg-based dish like a frittata or scrambled eggs and toast.  Breakfast is fruit with yogurt or cottage cheese or sometimes a high fiber cereal with milk.  Again, when Libby is getting more variety, she'll probably eat much of what we are (within age appropriate guidelines).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"