D.C. Area Babies

18 month old sleep stage?

Please tell me this is a new phase that will pass quickly.... Xander finally had his upper one year molars come through early last week.  He was miserable and had  rough time mostly at night.  It interrupted his sleep schedule pretty bad.  They don't seem to be bothering him anymore although I'm still giving him meds before bed.  These past few nights he was awake and ready to go for the day at 3:30 and 4:30 am.  Nothing I did helped him get back to sleep.  Both nights I ended up letting him play in the living room while I slept on the couch.  Yes, bad mom who needs her sleep.  Anyway, anyone else go through this around 18 months?  Any suggestions to get through it?  He is not sleep trained as I was waiting to get rid of the pacifier before starting sleep training since it's beyond time.  He typically just needs me in the room to get to sleep at night but for naps can go down without a problem. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 18 month old sleep stage?

• I posted this same topic a few months ago, the 18-mo wakeful was more horrible than the 4-mo wakeful and went on forever! Not what you need newly pregnant (I was also pregnant), it will pass...eventually...but not soon enough!
  • Oh god yes, except my precocious daughter went through it at 16 months.  I was also newly pregnant - perhaps there is a theme here....
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never heard of the 18 month old wakeful. And hoping DD has never heard of it either.Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevictoria1212:
    I have never heard of the 18 month old wakeful. And hoping DD has never heard of it either.Big Smile

This!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • image7*7*7bride:

imagevictoria1212:
    I have never heard of the 18 month old wakeful. And hoping DD has never heard of it either.Big Smile

This!  

totally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"