Pre-School and Daycare
Options

DS1 starts "preschool" Wed and I'm so sad - even though it's his same daycare, lol

He's in a new room starting this week... and it's an official "preschool" room at our daycare - and I'm so sad about it!  I can't believe he is that old!!

it's so silly b/c it's the same daycare - he's changed rooms many times before and it never upset me.... it's just the title "preschool" that makes me feel like crying.... and I'm not a cryer! lol.  Kindergarten is gonna be rough- thankfully it's not for 2 more years.... right when the twins will be starting PRESCHOOL. UGH.

Re: DS1 starts "preschool" Wed and I'm so sad - even though it's his same daycare, lol

• Options

What a big boy! I get weepy when I think about kindergarten, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a big boy!!  And I totally understand.  DD is in the same boat but starting her preschool class in another couple weeks.  I can't believe she is already starting preschool either!  And yep, the only other room I kind of acted a bit misty-eyed about was the move from infants to toddlers.  But this is another big one.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww...I know exactly how you feel!  DD starts preschool this Thurs. and while she's more than ready (as I'm sure your DS is), I need a little more time :o)  Just keep telling yourself how much he's going to learn and how prepared he's going to be when he does start kindergarten!  It does make you a little sad though to know that they are growing up (waaay too fast)!
  • Options
    Aw, what a big boy! I don't even like to think about the day P starts pre-school. He's growing up too fast!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Carson started a new preschool room this week too!  Preschool 3 and he moved upstairs!  such a big deal in my eyes, new teachers, new kids (about 6 are moving with him from downstairs in Preschool 2)

i feel you on this one!

• Options
    I feel the same way. DS has been in daycare since 6 mos - but next week he officially starts in the preschool room! (same place and everything) 
  • Options

Yesterday was my son's first day of kindergarten.  He was nervous, but he got on the bus without tears and gave me a cheerful wave.

I cried, though, as his bus pulled away.  I'm not a cryer either, but the first day of school always gets me a little teary because it's a new milestone in the life of my child!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Maddie starts next week and we're excited about it. Kindergarten, on the other hand. . . :wink:
  • Options

I can't relate on the daycare bit, but DD1 starts preschool two weeks from today, and I get tears in my eyes every time I think about it!

How did our babies get so big?!

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options

DS has been going to daycare and preschool already, but I get totally weepy when I think about kindergarten!

I even teared up at a commerical this morning that showed a mom putting her daughter on the bus.  She kissed her DD on the palm, and curled her little hand over it.  Like, she was keeping her mommy's kiss in her hand.  Oh...my...goodness!  I wanted to cry!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"