Cloth Diapering

Anyone using BG 4.0 on newborn?

If yes, how does it work?

If not what are you using?

Re: Anyone using BG 4.0 on newborn?

• If it's any help I used our BG 3.0 on our Prem DS when he got to the 7lb mark and they're fab, I just folded the front panel forward on each side as it's a bit wide for my skinnymalinks! I still do now he's in the high 9lb range otherwise the fleece gets wet! I've not had a single problem so far, I love them!
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • LO is 8lbs now and they still don't fit her. (Everything seemed ok, but she peed while nursing on her side and pee went everywhere...)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't tried the 4.0, but my DS was 7 pounds 10 ounces at birth and there was no way the 3.0 would fit him.  A lot has to do with the baby and their build though...my guy has skinny little legs, even the BG XS still don't always get a snug fit.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • The BG 3.0s we have (almost exactly the same as the 4.0s) didn't fit her until she was about 1.5 - 2 months old. And even then, they were quite a bit bulkier than her other diapers, like her small BG AIOs, so I wouldn't necessarily grab for them first.

That being said, I LOVE our one-size BGs - I just don't think they will fit a newborn. As far as OS diapers we have FB, BG 3.0s, BG organics, RaR, Swaddlebees, Blueberry and the ONLY one I could see fitting a newborn is the Rumparooz (though I didn't try them on her right away). 

Hope that helps! 

• BG 3.0s did not fit #2 until he was 2 months old.

We used prefold & kissaluvs fitteds with thirsties covers until they fit. 

I have a blog post here about cloth diapering a newborn. 

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"