Multiples

NST ?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything.

When did you start doing NSTs? How often did you have them? How long did they take?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NST ?

• I started mine at 32 weeks and had them twice weekly until I went on hospital bedrest at 35 weeks.

The test could be as fast as 20 minutes if the babies cooperate.  But if they don't it takes longer and sometimes I would have to have an ultrasound and/or additional test to make sure everything checked out in there.

I actually found them to be relaxing (when everything went smooth)  My hospital had recliners and they kept the lights dim and the temperature cool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had them weekly starting at 28w.  I HATED them.  My OB's office had machines from 1990.  We could only monitor 1 baby at a time and I had to hold the monitor on the entire time.  When I had them in the hospital (spent 1 week in L&D, they could monitor both babies at the same time and I didn't have to hold them on, those were much better.  When I was at my OB's office, it was not uncommon for them to take an hour+.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't recall when mine started, maybe at 30 weeks or 32 weeks.  My OB's office didn't have the best equipment for monitoring two babies so they sent me to the hospital for mine.  Twice a week, they woudl hook me up and monitor their movement/any contractions etc. for 30 min.  Often times it woudl take much longer than that and I'd be there for over an hour because they needed to get certain things (various heartrates) from each baby before they would let me go.  Once I was there all day because I started having a lot of contractions!  Not the funnest thing in the world.  Bring something to read/do while you are there.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"