Two Under 2
Options

present for your lo when baby arrives? need ideas/advice

did anyone get your lo a present when the baby arrived & what did you buy? thanks!!!

Re: present for your lo when baby arrives? need ideas/advice

• Options
    We did not. How old will your older one be when the baby comes?
  • Options

We did, we told DS1 that the baby got it for him. So it was a present to DS1 from DS2. I think he was too young to get it, but it still worked out well because it gave him something new to play with while we were in the hospital. His grandparents brought him to visit both days we were in the hospital and it was nice to have something new to occupy his attention other than all the things he shouldnt be touching. :o)

We got him this:

https://www.toys-emart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/playskool-busy-ball-tivity-center1.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We did - told DS that the new baby had bought them for him.  He got a little something every day or every other day for the first few weeks.  We hit up the dollar section at Target.  He would get a little truck or a book or bubbles.

The day we came home from the hospital we also got him a big garage that I'd been wanting to get him for a while.  He was super excited.

The presents seemed like they made him very excited and helped keep some of the focus on him during the transition to two kids.  We all really enjoyed doing it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    No. I thought I needed to, but ran out of time.  I'm glad I didn't waste the money!  DS was just under 17 months and could not have cared less about a gift - when he was at the hospital (he was there during my c/s and visited daily) he was more interested in the ice machine, the windows, the mechanical bed, etc. than he was about any gift or the baby!  Or me, even.  :)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm not. DD will be 14 months old and won't really know what's going on.

• Options
    We got her a Cabbage Patch Doll so she had her own "Baby" to take care of. But she really wasn't into it and it wasn't like she needed to have something for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"