Cincinnati Babies

Period Question

So I still haven't gotten my period (not that I am complaining, its rather nice), but I am starting to get a little concerned. I stopped nursing over night (Colin started STTN) at 2 months, then I went to 50/50 breastfeeding to formula at 5 months and about 3 weeks ago I completely stopped nursing. Still nothing. Would you POAS? I highly doubt I am pregnant. Did anyone not have one for a long time?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Period Question

• I feel like I'm in the minority because I started my period between 6-8 weeks after each delivery (I had a c-section, not sure if that matters), and I was still breast-feeding.

I know that periods can take a while to come back for some people. It's only been 3 weeks since you stopped, so you're probably fine. You could always call your OB to see what they say:)

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • I might POAS just to be sure, but it's only been 3 weeks since you completely stopped BFing, so I think that's completely normal to not have had your period yet.  Don't worry...the biotch is on her way, I'm sure! LOL
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry too much.  I didn't get my first period after Carter until he was 9 months old and I was still nursing.  It may take awhile to come back after you finish nursing, but there's no harm in POAS!
  • I say POAS just to be sure, but I am a POAS addict so...Stick out tongue
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If youre worried I would POAS just to ease your mind but when I quit pumping it was a full month till I started my period so I would say 3 weeks is right on target and nothing to be too concerned about
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I second what JohnandKristin said. This was me too. I BF'ed exclusively and my period returned at 10 weeks postpartum. I really think there is a lot of variation that falls within what is normal. It's worth the call to your OB for the peace of mind though. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"