D.C. Area Babies

Del Ray moms group???

All my girlfriends and female coworkers with babies belong to email groups for their neighborhood (e.g. MOTH-mothers of the hill, shirlngton moms, etc). Does anyone know if this exists for Del Ray...or even more generally Alexandria? and if so, how you get on it?  I hear they're a tremendous resource for finding nannies, nanny-shares, and other childcare options.

Re: Del Ray moms group???

• i live in del ray and most moms i know here are on the del ray list serv. i don't, b/c you have to join the neighborhood association (i.e., pay a fee) in order to sign up (from what i could gather when i visited the site).

someone told me there was a monthly meet up at duncan library for pregnant women and maybe new moms too, but i've never been. maybe check the library's schedule to see if you can find such a group. i think it's called belly something. 

did you take a birth class? the moms from the class i took all stayed in touch and we get together every now and then - used to be a lot when our children were babies, but they are almost 4 now and most of us either have or are on #2 and just don't have time anymore.

G/L!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is an Old Town Moms listserv that does not cost anything. Email me at toreybATgmail and I can give you the info. And, yes- there are lots of posts for daycare options and it is how I find our wonderful caregiver :-)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a member of the Del Ray Parents listserv (https://groups.yahoo.com/group/delrayparents).  I didn't have to join the neighborhood association and definitely don't pay anything.  It's been very useful resource. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"