High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Can you lower your BP?

I am about 32 weeks.  My doctor is not concerned about my BP but I am overly cautious and looking for ways I can lower my BP.   At my last appt, it was around 125/82 and seems to be trending up slightly at each appt.  Before pregnancy, it was always around 100/70.  So this seems high to me because I am used to pre pregnancy BP.  Any suggestions on ways I can lower my BP at this point?  I do try to get 30 minutes of light cardio 4-5 times a week.  Am I overreacting?  I have gained about 28 pounds so far but my BMI is nearing 30 since I started out right on the border of average to overweight BMI.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Can you lower your BP?

• Options

If your bp is rising due to pregnancy, then there is not much you can do.  Pregnancy-induced hypertension is different than normal hypertension.  It's not from diet, or lack of exercise, etc.  It's a response to the pregnancy.  At least, that's what my doc told me.

I've had bp problems with both pregnancies now, and each time, rest is what they tell me to do.  Usually that keeps it under control for a while, but even at that, it eventually starts to rise beyond that as I get more pregnant. 

"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one." --Jill Churchill

Pre-e w/DD #1 -- now age four! GD and PIH w/DD#2 -- now age two! GD and unexplained third trimester bleeding with baby # 3 -- due Feb 27!
  • Options
    bedrest is pretty much the only way to lower it.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"