Upstate NY Babies

Awesome garage sale finds!

We went to the splash park near our house on Saturday and on our way over there was a garage sale with a TON of kids stufff...toys and clothes! We got a radio flyer little car that is metal....lots like an older style but in great condition...like new for $5, then we got a fisher price rocking house for $5 also looked like brand new and then a whole garbage bag full of clothes in beautiful condition for only $3...for the WHOLE bag! We got all 18 and 24 month clothes so that hopefully she'll be able to wear them next spring and summer! I was so excited! Wish we had more time to check out more sales more often!
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Awesome garage sale finds!

• Wow, that is incredible!

I find a lot of people around here are trying to may a big profit at their sales...like $3 each piece for clothes! It drives me nuts, do you want to get rid of your stuff or not? Last sale I had I let so much go for way cheap....I had a little extra cash and a LOT less junk!

• Thats awesome! I really need to get over my garage sale clothing phobia.. but I don't know if I can.

I got Eve this awesome dora dollhouse https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=8641&e=product&pid=41484 At a yard sale on my street on Saturday for $2!!! The downside is its discontinued so i cant buy more pieces for it.. but she LOVES it.. and its HUGE.. 

And I agree with Sandi about pricing of things.. I remember I went to a garage sale last summer that was all baby stuff.. and they had TONS of stuff.. like multiple bouncers/carseats/strollers.. But they wanted like $20-30 for a bouncer.. i could buy it NEW for that much!

Dh always says that I'll buy anything if its less than $10..but at a garage sale, its more like, I'll buy anything if its less than $2.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMelissaSue81:

Thats awesome! I really need to get over my garage sale clothing phobia.. but I don't know if I can.

I've got this too - esp when you can get new Target clothes for like $2 in the off-season.

But a whole bag is GREAT!!!!!  Nice find!!

• I too have that same phobia but then I figure as long as we wash them good before she wears them it really is not a big deal. They all look brand new and most of them were all name brand clothes...carters, childrens' place, gymbore, osh gosh, etc. There were some target brand and maybe one or two granables (sp?)....which I think is walmart.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"