Trouble TTC

IVF Consult

Scheduled!

DH and I had a really good talk about moving forward.  I explained to him how long we would be waiting even if we took the next available appt for an IVF consult, and how much prep everything will take.  He decided that was enough of a break for him, and he is on board to start IVF right away!  Yay!

So, our IVF consult is scheduled for September 21.  It will be an all day event - meeting with the RE, shot class, semen freeze, and the mandatory session with the IVF psychologist (anyone else do that?).  Ideally, we won't need it, but it feels good to have it on the calendar!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF Consult

• No we didn't have an IVF psycologist. But I wanted to wish you luck and hope this is a waste! I hope you don't need it! Glad YH is on board!
  • Good luck! Sounds like a heck of a consult! :)  Our consult was a meeting with the doctor and an explanation of the medications with the nurse. 

Glad you're moving forward together!

It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great Magnolia!  Sounds like quite the day you will have!  We didn't have to meet with a psychologist.  Interesting that you have to but I guess it makes sense.  Good luck!!
  • You must be excited for the appointment ( I hope you don't need it).  Good luck!

• I'm glad you both got on the same page.  Best of luck :)
  • That's really exciting! I'm so glad DH is on board and you have the IVF fun-day all planned. Good luck!
  • yay for no breaks!

That is awesome news, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for this last IUI!

• No IVF counselor for us, but I think that's pretty cool.

Very exciting that you're starting so soon!

• imageermaderma:

yay for no breaks!

That is awesome news, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for this last IUI!

Thanks hon!!  I am keeping them crossed too...and my toes and my hair, and any other body part that can be crossed....

You were TTA last cycle, right?  and if I remember correctly, you're TTC this cycle?  Good luck!!!!! :)

• We didn't see an IVF psychologist.  I hope that this last IUI makes this consult unnecessary!  But, if not, it sounds like they are going to get you on to IVF quickly which is a good thing!  Best of luck to you!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• imagemari2003:
    No we didn't have an IVF psycologist. But I wanted to wish you luck and hope this is a waste! I hope you don't need it! Glad YH is on board!
    Cherish yesterday, Live today and always Dream for tomorrow!?
  • imagemari2003:
    No we didn't have an IVF psycologist. But I wanted to wish you luck and hope this is a waste! I hope you don't need it! Glad YH is on board!

Yes Good luck babe!

Cherish yesterday, Live today and always Dream for tomorrow!?
  • Wow!  That is a lot for a consult!  Ours was just talking to the doctor. Before we begin a cycle though we will have to spend 30 minutes talking to a psychologist.

GL!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • thanks everyone!

It is a lot for one day.  We actually set up all the appointments on the same day on purpose, because everything is during the day and we'd have to take time off work.

Interesting that not too many others have to see a psychologist.  Supposedly it is to deal with the "emotional and social ramifications of IVF" or something.  Couldn't hurt, I guess. 

• FX that you don't need it but it is great that you and YH are ready to move forward. GL!!!
  • So glad you have a plan and are on the same pg. w/DH!  Hope you don't need it, but it sounds like you'll have all your bases covered.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"