Upstate NY Babies
Options

Cradle Cap?

G never had cradle cap, but last week I noticed a patch of brown scaly skin on his scalp about the size of a half dollar when I was brushing his hair.  It reminded me of pics I'd seen of cradle cap, so I googled it and I guess it's not uncommon for toddlers to get it, too.  If your LO had cradle cap, what did you do for it?  It's hard because it's under his hair, and he doesn't sit still for me to look more closely at it.  I've just been washing his hair well and then brushing it repeatedly. 

Re: Cradle Cap?

• Options

Eve had it not as a toddler, but as an older infant.. she was probably like 9 or 10 months.. and she's always had a ton of hair, so its tricky..

I used the cradle cap treatment from BRU (its got winnie the pooh on it) but its a HUGE pain.. I had to wash her hair like 4 times to get all the gunk out each time I used it..It did help get rid of it though.. I used that once or twice and then I used just plain baby oil.. Again.. you really gotta wash the hair good to get it all out.

I have also heard of using dandruff shampoo.. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Enzo had this when he was born- I used aquaphor for it...and then brushed it well..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dylan had it for a while.  I was surprised when our pedi said it was cradle cap because his was brown.  I always thought it would be white.  Anyways, she gave us the best suggestion!  She said to rub olive oil on it and then take a comb or wet cloth to it.  I used a cloth to rub it out.  It worked great and he hasn't had it since.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"