TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Follistim users come in..

So I found out today from the RE that afte rmy surgery I will be starting on Follistim.  My first two cycles on clomid I was, well let's say...evil.  I didn't even like myself.  I'm wondering if the Follistim has the same kind of effects?  I am asking you genius ladies because you'll be honest with me and I won't see the doc until the 10th.  Just want to prepare DH, i think he's more scared then I am.  Thanks!
Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: Follistim users come in..

• Options

I actually had WAY less side effects on the Follistim vs the clomid. No hot flashes. I did have a headache but actually felt a lot better then the clomid. No mood swings either.

The nurse at my RE's office advised me while taking it to avoid high impact activities such as running and aerobics can it can cause twisting or ovarian torsion.

I also have to say that since the trigger I've had a lot more symptoms- breast tenderness, bloating, fatigue. Not sure what caused this but I suppose I will know soon enough.  

Good luck, if you have any other questions feel free to ask. 

• Options

i had very few side effects from gonal F aside from bloat and fatigue.

good luck!

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well as you know I did the Follistim for the first time this past Saturday and did not experience anything the first 12 hours, but suddenly I was struck with the world's worst headache...light, sounds, movement killed me.  I took off last night and tonight from work because my head hurt so bad, but I am feeling much better.  I did not have any other side effects.  Thank God!  GL to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did 4 rounds of follistim, I had light side effects. Mostly crmaping and depending on how fast the cycle goes bloating and sometimes OHSS.

Headaches also were very common when I was on it. But no hot flashes like clomid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"