Trouble TTC

First follie check

Woohoo!!  I've been dying for one :)  I'm such a spaz.

I will get the official results later today but the tech said I have 15 under 11 - 5 on the right and 10 on the left.  I was thinking they should be bigger so I was a little disappointed, but I'm told that those are around the right size so I guess I'm ok with that :)

I do wonder if 15 is the max number of follies I should expect to end up with or can more develop between now and ER?  Anyone?  Anyone?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First follie check

• Not too sure about how many or how big but i wanted to say good luck! Glad to hear your excitement!
  • 15 is really good, Gym!  My RE told me to expect about what they were counting at my first follie check (but I stim longer before my first check).  Other than that, I have no answers to your question.  Best of luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Loading the player...
  • That's a great number. How many did you start out with?

I think if you have some smaller than those might still catch up! GL hon!

• Sounds like a great start Gym, I am so excited for you!
    after 2+ years, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs with a c/p
    IVF#3 brought us our miracle baby girl on June 26, 2012

imageimageimage

• imagemari2003:

That's a great number. How many did you start out with?

I had 16 at my baseline - 8 on each ovary.  So I lost some and gained some.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  I'm guessing I'll have another u/s on Thursday

• I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I just wanted to wish you luck!
  • imagegymnst1013:
    imagemari2003:

That's a great number. How many did you start out with?

I had 16 at my baseline - 8 on each ovary.  So I lost some and gained some.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  I'm guessing I'll have another u/s on Thursday

Still 15 is a great number. Can't wait til Thursday! GL hon!

• That is text book perfect Gym!
  • Sounds like a great result!!
  • I got all excited for mine, too.  :)

I think you're on track!  It's still early! It's hard to tell what the max number is because things change so quickly.  I didn't respond much for my first two appointments and then I had a million follicles for the next one. 

Good luck, gym! 

It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • imageJill070707:

I got all excited for mine, too.  :)

I think you're on track!  It's still early! It's hard to tell what the max number is because things change so quickly.  I didn't respond much for my first two appointments and then I had a million follicles for the next one. 

Good luck, gym! 

This makes me feel better!!  Thanks!

• imagesail123:
    That is text book perfect Gym!

Yay!!  Big Smile  I'm trying to positive think my way into getting KU - haha

• Oh no..you could have more than that! Check back in Jan-Feb in my blog and you will see my progress. I listed my progress each check. I started off with few measurable follies and had a total of 21 mature at the ER.

Seems like you are on a great path! I have everything crossed for you!! 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! 
  • imageams8099:

Oh no..you could have more than that! Check back in Jan-Feb in my blog and you will see my progress. I listed my progress each check. I started off with few measurable follies and had a total of 21 mature at the ER.

Seems like you are on a great path! I have everything crossed for you!! 

Off to blog-stalk!  Thanks ams :)

• Whoo hoo - nice numbers gym!!
  • Yay for follie checks! GL!!

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • I have no idea...just wanted to say WOOT WOOT!!
  • Sounds like a great numbers!!!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Good luck Gym! I hope you'll become a little follie-producing machine in the coming days. I'm glad you got to take a look though. 15 sounds great!!! Beats the heck outta 1!!!
  • Sounds good to me for this stage of the process. Exciting!
  • That sounds like a great report to me!  Best wishes those embies keep growing in there!
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 15 sounds like a good number, though you could end up with more or with less by the time of retrieval.

I think I had 13 at my first check (on day 3 of stims), and at my check today, my RE said that they expect to get 4-7 mature eggs at the retrieval.  Which isn't great, but it's better than my last cycle.  I do still have about 13-15 follies, but many of them are too small to produce a mature egg still.

Good luck at your next check!

TTC #1 since 4/09 w/ MFI
    IVF #1, 7/10: Cancelled due to dominant follicle; IVF #2, 9/10: c/p; FET #1, 11/10: c/p; IVF #3, 4/11: BFN; FET #2, 6/11: BFP! Beta #1 = 118 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 1975 (16dp2dt)
    DS born 2/17/12

TTC #2
    IVF #4, 11/13: BFN; IVF #5, 3/14: BFP! Beta #1 = 59 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 406 (15dp2dt)
    EDD 12/19/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yay...good luck Gym!
    Cherish yesterday, Live today and always Dream for tomorrow!?
  • Yay!  I would think slow and steady progress is a good thing Gym!

I can't wait to hear the next update.  When do you go back???

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Thanks again ladies!! MD - I go back Thursday for more b/w and u/s. Just heard back from my coordinator. My E2 is now 426 and they think by thursday my follies will be on their way.
  • imagegymnst1013:
    Thanks again ladies!! MD - I go back Thursday for more b/w and u/s. Just heard back from my coordinator. My E2 is now 426 and they think by thursday my follies will be on their way.

Nice - I can't wait to hear big they are getting on Thursday!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • I think that sounds great.  I am so, so excited for you Gym!!!!!!!! 

• imagegymnst1013:
    Thanks again ladies!! MD - I go back Thursday for more b/w and u/s. Just heard back from my coordinator. My E2 is now 426 and they think by thursday my follies will be on their way.

eeeeeeeek!!!! You're getting SO close.. so exciting!!!!!!!!! :)

• imageloloindiego:

imagegymnst1013:

eeeeeeeek!!!! You're getting SO close.. so exciting!!!!!!!!! :)

I know!!  Eeeeeeek is right!  I can't believe I'm only a week out from ER.  Crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"