Trouble TTC

Side Effects

Good morning, ladies!

Finally, after almost 2 years, 2 HSG's and 1 surgery we're going to start on fertility meds next cycle (unless I just so happen to be pregnant randomly this one).  

I have to confess:  I'm one of those people who is very sensitive to medicine.  A lot of meds make my blood pressure rise quickly, give me heart palpitations, etc.  

I'm assuming he'll start me on clomid or femara, and I've hear clomid has a lot of side effects.  What am I in for? 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Side Effects

• If you get a choice I would definitely recommend Femara. I was on it last cycle and had no noticable side effects. Good luck!
    after 2+ years, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs with a c/p
    IVF#3 brought us our miracle baby girl on June 26, 2012

imageimageimage

• The only s/e I've ever had while taking clomid were mild hot flashes...and not really that many, since I took it at night about an hour before bed.

GL!!

• Loading the player...
  • I had some mild hot flashes especially while exercising and I was a bit emotional over silly things.  Other than that nothing.  GL
    Life As I Know It
    TTC #1 Since 2/2008
    Dx: Hyperprolactinemia and Unexplained
    Parlodel 2.5 mg (1 Tab M,W,F; 1/2 tab the other days); Folic Acid; Prenatals
    All 5 Clomid cylces resulted in BFN; no more Clomid.
    Laparoscopy Scheduled 1/11/11: Path report showed minor inflammation and infection.
    3/30/11 Biopsy results: cervial and endometrial pathologies normal; one pathology came back abnormal with 5 rare cells from the endometritis
    Cycles 1-5 of Follistim, Novarel, Progesterone = BFN
    Surprise BFP 11/18/11
    Beta #1 208, p4 7.4; Beta #2 1846.20, p4 16.1
    u/s #1 12/2/11 Heart rate 126 bpm measuring at 3mm
  • I am on Femara and have never had any side effects. I would suggest it for sure!
    Charlie was born 12/15!!!
  • I did ok on 100mg of Clomid--just hot flashes. But on 150mg I had a week's worth of migraines. Good luck!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was on clomid, and didn't have too bad of side effects.  Some hot flashes, fatigue, and emotional.  I also had hostile cm, so we moved on to IUI's after one cycle of just clomid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't really have any s/e.  Maybe a tiny bit of moodiness for one day.  But I was only on 50mg and then 25mg. 

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I first got put on BCPs years ago, my OB and I had to try three brands and various dosages before one didn't cause me to have yucky side effects. So, needless to say, I was worried about taking fertility treatments...but fortunately, had no major side effects, at least not on 50mg of Clomid.
  • I just had my first round of 50mg Clomid. The only s/e I have noticed are mild hot flashes and a little more emotional than normal (but honestly I can't really decide if its just everything combined or from the Clomid). I am a little nervous if I have to start a higher dose of it. I am like you and very sensitive to meds. GL to you!
  • This was my first cycle on Clomid and I had minimal S/Es.  I did get a few hot flashes, but taking the pill at night seemed to help with that.  I was also minimally cranky.  MH was more cranky than I was actually.

My Dr told me that some women respond better to Clomid, while others respond better to Femara.  Good luck whichever way you go.

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"