North Carolina Babies

Rough night w/ Nic

DH is gone for 9 days and Nic has been fussy and cranky since Sunday.  I tried putting him to bed at 7:45pm last night.  No go.  He stayed up w/ me until 9:30pm.  He cried less than 3 mins and fell asleep.  I went to sleep shortly after 10pm.  He woke up screaming at 1:40am.  Not crying, SCREAMING! MAMI, MAMI, MAMI.  I went in there thinking he was sick but all he wanted was out.  Even w/ me in the room he screamed.  We read a few books and put him back to sleep.  2 hours later, he is still screaming.  I finally took him back to bed w/ me but he never went into deep sleep.  He kept waking up every 20 mins and waking me up.  At 5:30am, I finally gave up and turned the TV on for him.  I stayed in bed until 6:30am.  He spiked a fever at around 4am, so I gave him so motrin, but it didn't help him sleep. 

I have this important meeting at 8:30am and something due tomorrow so I need to go into work at least until 11am. Hopefully, the dr's office can see us this afternoon. 

I felt so frustrated b/c nothing worked and now I'm exhausted.

Sorry so long, but I needed to get it out. 

Re: Rough night w/ Nic

• Hugs.  I hope he's okay.  Missing daddy is probably hard for him.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry. Single-parenting is HARD, especially with a night like that. Hope he gets back on track and you can get some rest & get your work finished.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh that's tough. It sounds like it could be an ear infection.  I hope you get in with the doc today.
  • Yuck! Sorry you had such a rough night. Hope you guys can get to the doctor today and get him (and you) some relief.
  • DH was gone all last week too and we had the same thing happen.  Turned out to be an ear infection.  Hang in there - hopefully the dr will be able to give you an answer today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh no! That sounds absolutely miserable! I hope Nic is feeling better soon, and that you both get a good nap today!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Ugh, I'm sorry you had a bad night. Nolan had some bad nights last week, and it is exhausting. Hopefully a visit to the doctor will help you figure out what's wrong, and both you and Nic will be sleeping better soon!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • poor Nic and poor Mommy!! i hope he's feeling better soon and u are able to get into the doctor to figure out what is going on!! extra hugs!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Must be something in the air last night, Jeremiah was up for over an hour sometime around 3ish...that is VERY odd for him!  I hope Nic is feeling better!
  • Thanks girls.  I have an appointment today at the pedi at 3pm.  I'm hoping it is an ear infection and we can knock it out.  I will hit somebody if it is another virus (thus nothing can be done).  Thank God the daycare lady took him for a few hours so I can get stuff done at work. I'll keep you guys updated.
  • Those nights are rough even when there are two of you to handle it. I hope the doc is able to help with some meds. Viruses are so frustrating! We have had a lot of those at our house this year. GL!
  • Update: took Nic to the dr's and it was another virus.  These viruses are driving me up a wall.  His throat is hurting, fever, runny nose and fussy.  I missed 4 days of work 2 weeks ago b/c he had a virus, missed a 4 days for vacation and now I'm having to miss more time at work b/c of this other virus.   I'm so glad that my job is so flexible but I feel so bad having to take off so much time.

I'm treating myself to cookie dough ice cream and a glass of wine tonight.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"