Indiana Babies

80th Birthday Party

Alright so my brothers and I are planning my grandma's 80th birthday party for December. I'm good at planning other parties but this is throwing me for a loop. Do I have a "theme"? Also I have a friend who makes awesome cakes for cheap, what should I have the cake look like? Anything you think someone of that "era" would appreciate? My grandma is originally from Switzerland if that helps with ideas?

Re: 80th Birthday Party

• What about a 30's theme? I'm guessing she was born in the 1930's. Alot of black and white, art deco stuff and flapper dresses!!

And, Happy 80th Birthday to her, that's great!

ETA: https://www.fashion-era.com/1930s/ 

I love parties.

• Hmmm.... that's a hard one.  For my MIL's bday a few years ago, they took a picture of her when she was little and had it printed on the cake and then decorated the tables with candy from when she was a child.  She really seemed to appreciate it but she's very sentimental about stuff like that.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't really go for a theme for an 80 year olds bday party. I would maybe have a table set up with old pictures and pictures throughout her life. I would probably do more of a color theme either black and white (or silver) or red and white for Switzerland. 

I like the idea of a picture on the cake as well. And then since she's 80 instead of gifts you could do donations to a charity close to your family's heart. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the 30s theme party, even better if everyone will dress up!!   Even if they dont you could buy some party hats for when they arrive everyone can wear one.  The band with the feather and black hat for men.   I have a pic from one I went to I will try and find. 

So I was 8 months preg and looking pretty chunky but you get the idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"