South Florida Babies

PRODUCT RAVE: Rock & Play Sleeper

I just want to share with all the new mommies and mommies-to-be, my favorite baby item, the Fisher Price Rock & Play Sleeper https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739296. When we first brought Owen home, we put him to sleep in a travel crib in our room, same as we did with Quinn. He would wake up every 1.5 hours. Finally the second night, after the 2nd wake-up, we put Owen to sleep in the Rock & Play Sleeper and he slept 3.5 hours. He loved it! It helps with his gas and reflux too because it keeps him at a small incline. He is now sleeping 5 hours straight. Greatest. product. ever!
Just thought I would share. I will definitely be giving this as a gift to all my pregnant friends :-)

Re: PRODUCT RAVE: Rock & Play Sleeper

• Awesome!! Thanks for the info...I've seen in online and was seriously considering buying this. We have hte arms reach co-sleeper, and many nights, I would be DD in the infant-to-toddler rocking chair with my foot hanging off, rocking her...this seems MUCH more convenient!! I haven't seen it in person - is it big enough / safe enough to let them STTN?? (obviously my newborn won't be doing that...but just wanna make sure you'd feel comfortable having them in it that long)?
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It looks great.  I remember someone else talking about it a while back.

It seems tall.  I wonder how stable it is with a toddler running around?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have this and am now so glad that I do and cannot wait to see Isabelle in it! A coworker raved about it and so I put it on my registry. I liked the height part because of a toddler running around but now have to echoe Tracy's stability question because that is honestly DH's concern. Mine is still in the box - we have not tested it out yet. LOL.
  • And girl....5 hours for a 2 week old is AMAZING!
  • Awesome to 5 hours of sleep!!! I have heard good things about it. Will be checking it out for my little one...sounds much more appealing than having him wake up in his pack n play every 5 seconds!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Heard awesome things about this. Think I may add it to our registry today!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • To answer some of your questions ... the height of the sleeper is good, not too high, and it keeps the baby up off of the floor. We have 2 dogs so it is perfect because the baby is away from them. It rocks which has been a huge bonus for us because Owen loves rocking, but Quinn can't knock it over either. We've been teaching him to be gentle with the baby and so far, so good. Also, the sleeper holds up to 25lbs and looks really comfortable so I can see a baby STTN in it. The most Owen has slept is 5 hours at a time but I'm going to keep him in this for at least 2-3 months.

Hope this helps!

• Thanks for the rec!  I was considering whether I need a bassinet or not since we have the crib is just a few feet away in the baby's room which has a door from our master bath. We also have a PNP we could put in the room but prefer to leave in the family room.  So, this item may be the perfect option for those first couple of months!

• imageallison8878:

To answer some of your questions ... the height of the sleeper is good, not too high, and it keeps the baby up off of the floor. We have 2 dogs so it is perfect because the baby is away from them. It rocks which has been a huge bonus for us because Owen loves rocking, but Quinn can't knock it over either. We've been teaching him to be gentle with the baby and so far, so good. Also, the sleeper holds up to 25lbs and looks really comfortable so I can see a baby STTN in it. The most Owen has slept is 5 hours at a time but I'm going to keep him in this for at least 2-3 months.

Hope this helps!

I am so tempted to get it, but I am a little afraid that Evan will knock it over with the baby inside. We've been teaching him to be gentle with the baby as well...but his rough newly 2 year-old self is not very gentle and I'm afraid that in a moment of insanity he'll just try to sweep the legs off the sleeper and down it goes. We are very cautious and this is why I am very willing to try but you just never know!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My SIL gave us the Bloom Rocker:  https://www.bloombaby.com/collection/main.php?sID=31

And, now I'm wondering if we can use this as a bedside sleeper since it is essentially the same thing as the rock-n-play sleeper.  It would only be for the first few months until we transition her to the crib. Also, would sleeping at an incline make it difficult for them to adjust to a crib or PNP later?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"