Baby Showers

Timing of shower?

I'm due Jan. 15th and my mother wanted to throw me a shower at her house in December. However, my other family and friends think it should be earlier in the year because it's too difficult to schedule close to the holidays. My mother, however, thinks early November is too early. Also my mom lives about a 1 - 1.5 hr drive from me, and much of that drive is in heavy traffic with no place to pull over to use a bathroom. When do people usually have a baby shower? 7 mos. pregnant, 8 mos., varies?

Re: Timing of shower?

• I was due Feb.3 and our shower was held on Nov. 14. The hostesses asked around and most people felt it would be easiest to attend before the holiday rush. I was 28 weeks and nobody gave me the side eye or anything.

They also had it early because one of the hosts was due around Christmas and wanted to make sure she's still able to help out.

• I am having one at 28.5 weeks and another at 32.5 weeks (one work, one family and friends).

Due June 10, 2014

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I am due January 6th, 2011 and having my shower November 7th, 2010!
  • I am due nov 16th ( c section nov 10th) and I am having my shower sept 18th.. with ds I was due sept 11th ( delivered sept 8th) and my shower was Aug 16th.. both showers are in the same city but it was only 45 min drive for me for the one for ds and it will be 1 1/2 hr drive this time cause we moved. personally I think Nov is fine for your shower.. anything from 30-38 weeks seems fine to me depending on how far it is from your hospital/ob
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • I'm due Dec 27. My first shower will be on Sept 11. I'm traveling back to my hometown for a vacation ( a 5 hour flight away!) so this is the only time we could get together with family and friends from back home.

I *think* my shower where I live now will be late november.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm due in mid-February and my shower will be in November.  I pretty much just made sure I was available on the date my family wanted- but their reasoning made sense.  They wanted it before the holidays so that people wouldn't be crazy busy but not after the holidays when we would have to worry about winter weather and scary traveling.  I will probably be somewhere in between 26-28 weeks at that time (I can't remember offhand exactly what weekend it is), but if that is what works better for my family- that is fine by me.  Besides, I'm a worrier anyway, and I think it will give me some peace of mind knowing that the shower is done earlier on since I work at a pediatric hospital where lots of moms deliver early, just in case so I don't inconvenience anyone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the others about having the shower in November. People get too busy in December and many people are "out of money" for a while after the holidays. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"