Working Moms

Short term disability

do taxes get taken out?  just working on my mat leave budget... thanks, I have a 2.5 year old and just got a BFP last week!  I wasn't eligible for STD last time, so this is new and exciting territory for me!
Chrissy BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Short term disability

• Is your STD funded by an insurance policy?  Do you pay the premiums with pre-tax dollars, or does the premium get pulled after taxes?
  • Yes, STD is funded by an insurance policy, I am pretty sure the premium gets pulled after taxes, only my health insurance and dependent care are pre tax.

Chrissy BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Then no, your STD payments should not be taxed.

When planning, make sure you double check your plan's exclusion/waiting periods.  My plan administrator told me that I could expect 6 weeks of pay for a V-birth, but it was really only 5 weeks because they had a 1 week waiting period.

Congrats on the BFP!

• thanks for the help!  and good point about the waiting period, I do have a 1 week waiting period, but 5 weeks is better than zero!  thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"