Multiples
Options

Dental & vision insurance?

We will obviously be putting the babies on our health insurance as soon as they are born but we also have the option of dental and vision insurance for a very low cost.

When do/did you put your kids on dental and vision benefits?  

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dental & vision insurance?

• Options

We will be adding the boys to our dental in November during open enrollment.  Hubby was supposed to do it last year but his reasoning was that they barely had any teeth so he didn't see the need.

We probably won't add them to our vision plan just because their opthamologist takes our health insurance and its covered because they were preemies and because my sister works for an eye doctor and she doesn't charge us for visits!

• Options
    imageerinri02:

his reasoning was that they barely had any teeth so he didn't see the need.

this is kind of my thinking too.  By the time our next open enrollment comes around they will be just over 1. I'm thinking we can probably wait.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We added ours at birth.  The cost is super low, and I just didn't want it to end up being one of those things I forget to do down the road.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm not adding the boys to our dental insurance for a while. We paid $150 to get checkups for all three, but to have them on our insurance would cost a lot more per year.

I don't have vision insurance, so I dunno about that...

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

we didn't add our kids to dental or vision until the year Griffin was to turn 3 (so, 2010)... because that is when our pedi recommended he get his first dental exam.  We're not going to add them to vision unless we start to see a problem developing.... until then if something comes up we'll just pay OOP.

we didn't even add my Dh to vision this year b/c he only uses glasses for reading and never needs new ones or a checkup - so me, the blind bat who wears contacts, is the only one on the vision right now.

• Options
    I don't have my babies yet, but I plan to add them on right away.  What happens if one of them bangs their gums on something and needs to see a dentist, or pokes something in their eye and has to see eye doctor?  That is my reasoning for adding them on even though they may not have teeth yet or have vision issues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"