Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery help- winnie the pooh

HI, I'm new here but I thought you all could help. I'm having twins in Nov, a boy and a girl. In order to make their shared room neutral we went with a winnie the pooh theme. I realize that its not very common anymore for people to do the themes like that with characters but I really wanted something that leaned more towards "cute" then modern. I love modern stuff but have just always wanted something baby cute. If that makes sense. I wondered if anyone here did a similar theme. We painted the walls a pretty yellow. I'm not going overboard with the pooh stuff just some basics,like maybe decals, a lamb etc...The curtains are going to be green and I'm getting a green rug. I just thought pooh would be more of an accent I guess. I want some ideas of what to put on the walls, things to hang etc.. I hope this makes sense, although it shows how confused I am!! If anyone has pics of something similar i would appreciate it!

Re: Nursery help- winnie the pooh

• hey there- are you aware of this:

https://babyroombio.weebly.com/

They have some Pooh ideas! 

• I'm also doing a pooh bear theme.  No photos yet since we are moving in two weeks to a new place, but have you seent his lamp yet?  I love it! 

It seems to be a collector's item.  Also check out google images, some people have some really great Pooh nurseries with fantastic murals and whatnot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am currently cross-stitching a blanket (way too ambitious!) and will probably use it as a color theme to start off with. Not sure how far I will take it.

One of the things I have found with Winnie-the-pooh is that there are at least 3 different styles.. so you kinda have to start there...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • oh great website thank you!!! I couldn't see the lamp but it sounds nice! I think I'll keep it simple and maybe mix in some other things to balance out the theme. thanks!!
  • We also wanted to do neutral because we plan on having multiple children and chose winnie the pooh.  All of my ideas I got from the babyroom bio link that someone else already sent you.  We're starting painting tomorrow so I'll try to remember and post pics for you to see how it starts coming together.  If you're just getting into it, then I"ll warn you there are A LOT of different pooh styles out there.  At one point I had about 14 different bedding choices.  I had to enlist help on here, my birth month board and facebook.  The one I loved was pricey and from Disney but my mom found a similar one at Once Upon a Child thrift store. 

Here's our plan:  green bottom, yellow top for the walls with maybe a pooh border or a brown stripe.  White crib with Pooh bedding but the blanket will be hung on the wall and our other sheets will be green and brown.  White changing table, white bookshelf, antique oak dresser.  Green canopy over bed, green curtains in front of closet (doesn't have doors) and a tan carpet.  I want to slip cover our chair in brown.  We're not doing wallpaper, decals etc.  Pooh will be an accent in the room, and then the PNP and travel system are also Pooh (because those can be used for multiple children and is one of the few neutral designs we liked).  Here's some pics of our ideas:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"