Breastfeeding
Options

Signs of a clogged duct?

The bottom of my right BB is really hard and the whole thing in general hurts to touch it. (DH just tried hugging me and I flinched from pain.) I haven't had any issues thus far with BF and pumping so I don't know what could be wrong. Does it sound like a clogged duct? I'm pumping and massaging it now...any other recommendations or advice? TIA And sorry for no paragraphs, on my phone and it won't let me.
BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Signs of a clogged duct?

• Options
    It sounds like it could be a clogged duct. I've only had one twice and both times there was a hard lump and the whole breast was tender around it.  (No sharp pain, just very tender.)  The best thing is to pump and massage the area/duct while pumping, or better yet, to breastfeed and massage the area/duct while BFing. When I had mine, I was at work, so couldn't BF. I pumped and put a warm compress (I went to Target and bought BFing heat pads).  I pumped, massaged, and heated, and it eventually went away.  It unclogged and then just squirted milk for what seemed like forever until it was empty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you just keep pumping and massaging all in one session or throughout the day?
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePatientlyWaiting10:
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you just keep pumping and massaging all in one session or throughout the day?

I did it all in one session until it went away.  Well, actually, I tried for 10 minutes and nothing happened... came on here and asked what to do and everyone said to warm compress.  I went to Target, came back to office, put the compress on and massaged for a few minutes and then pumped, stopped, massaged, heat, pump... back and forth for about 20 minutes. Finally... it unclogged... almost like a "pop!" and just spewed.  Such relief!  Though, my bb was sore for a few hours... all red from the heat and constant poking and prodding for 20 mins straight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"