Pre-School and Daycare
Options

No naps anymore?

I believe DD is officially dropping her one nap.  Problem is, DS still needs to take a 3-4 hour nap each afternoon and their naptime was when I made phone calls (am looking for a job). 

Every.every time I get on the phone, DD has some sort of tantrum.  I've tried planting her in front of the tv with a snack and that's not working.  Any suggestions on how I can get some of this stuff done?  Help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No naps anymore?

• Options

DD #1 rarely takes naps anymore. :(

What about trying something like a coloring book or playdoh. Maybe play with her for a few minutes to get her started. Then tell her you have to make some phone calls that are very important and you will be back as soon as you are done to continue playing with her. No idea how or if it will work, just throwing out a few ideas. ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD#1 dropped her naps at 2. DD#2 dropped them at 20 months. DS is 20 months and can go without a nap as well.

My rule when I'm on the phone is that I say "no". Doesn't matter what they're asking, it's "no" until I get off the phone. It works "most" of the time. I typically am NOT a phone person so this isn't a real issue for me........

Is there any way to get a babysitter? Or to leave the room while you make your call(s)?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHarrietNJMommy:

My rule when I'm on the phone is that I say "no". Doesn't matter what they're asking, it's "no" until I get off the phone. It works "most" of the time. I typically am NOT a phone person so this isn't a real issue for me........

This is brilliant.

My DD stopped napping over a year ago. Could you have some sort of special toy she can play with when her brother naps? Or maybe a reward chart for good behavior while you're on the phone?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"