Trouble TTC

Michigan 3T

Is it just me or is there alot of Michigan women on 3T. I don't know if I just notice more since I am from Michigan or if it seems like alot of people are from Michigan. I know its random, but I just noticed it

Re: Michigan 3T

• LOL I think their are a ton of Illinois ladies too!
  • LOL Well I'm in Michiana so I will claim both Indiana and Michigan!  Heck I will claim Illinois too ;)  Although I sure wish I could get some of that infertility coverage they mandate in Illinois!!!!
    Me - Hypothyroidism & Endometriosis
    DH - Low Testosterone (but normal SA)
    December 2008 - Pregnancy Loss @ 17 1/2 weeks (Trisomy 18)
    September 2009 - HSG all clear!
    April & May 2010 - 2 Failed IUI's
    August 2010 - Laparosocopy - all endo adhesions removed!
    1st IVF cycle - January 2011 - BFN
    FET#1 - April 2011 - BFN
    FET#2 - June 2011 - BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed that before too...Makes me wonder what's going on in this part of the country... Huh?
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesweetpeasweetpea:
    LOL Well I'm in Michiana so I will claim both Indiana and Michigan!  Heck I will claim Illinois too ;)  Although I sure wish I could get some of that infertility coverage they mandate in Illinois!!!!

As much as I hate the word "Michiana," I'm in that area, too.  Who is your RE?

TTC #1 since 4/09 w/ MFI
    IVF #1, 7/10: Cancelled due to dominant follicle; IVF #2, 9/10: c/p; FET #1, 11/10: c/p; IVF #3, 4/11: BFN; FET #2, 6/11: BFP! Beta #1 = 118 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 1975 (16dp2dt)
    DS born 2/17/12

TTC #2
    IVF #4, 11/13: BFN; IVF #5, 3/14: BFP! Beta #1 = 59 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 406 (15dp2dt)
    EDD 12/19/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageTraci09:

imagesweetpeasweetpea:
    LOL Well I'm in Michiana so I will claim both Indiana and Michigan!  Heck I will claim Illinois too ;)  Although I sure wish I could get some of that infertility coverage they mandate in Illinois!!!!

As much as I hate the word "Michiana," I'm in that area, too.  Who is your RE?

Well it's kind of an odd story for me.  I am no longer seeing an RE.  My RE had me go through two IUI's and rounds of clomid instead of investigating my problems more thoroughly (because my HSG came back fine), and of course none of them were successful.  I was very unhappy with that doctor so I decided to go to an OBGYN here in the town where I live and just see what he had to say.  Well he was much more concerned and decided to do a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy right away to just to rule out anything and he actually found endo!  He removed it all during the surgery and told me he doesn't expect it to come back and he thinks that has been the sole problem with ttc this whole time!  My new doctor is Dr. Eifrid in Plymouth, IN.  Who do you go to?

FET#1 - April 2011 - BFN
    FET#2 - June 2011 - BFN
  • I've been going here: https://www.fertilitycentermi.com/

Tomorrow DH and I are meeting with the doctor to discuss if we want to go forward with ER on Thursday or cancel this cycle.  It's looking like I'll only have 4-5 eggs best case if we go forward, but this will be my second cancelled cycle, so I'm not sure what we'll do.  We were thinking about getting a second opinion, but there doesn't really seem to be any other REs around here.

I hope that your endo is all cleared up and you get your BFP soon!

TTC #1 since 4/09 w/ MFI
    IVF #1, 7/10: Cancelled due to dominant follicle; IVF #2, 9/10: c/p; FET #1, 11/10: c/p; IVF #3, 4/11: BFN; FET #2, 6/11: BFP! Beta #1 = 118 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 1975 (16dp2dt)
    DS born 2/17/12

TTC #2
    IVF #4, 11/13: BFN; IVF #5, 3/14: BFP! Beta #1 = 59 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 406 (15dp2dt)
    EDD 12/19/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Maybe something is in the water.....

For some reason, I am always surprised to see so many women in the waiting room of my RE's office.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I noticed that as well!  I felt like I had found a little slice of home here on 3T!  I was born and raised in Michigan but moved to Atlanta after graduating college.  Maybe its something in those Great Lakes....
  • imageTraci09:

I've been going here: https://www.fertilitycentermi.com/

Tomorrow DH and I are meeting with the doctor to discuss if we want to go forward with ER on Thursday or cancel this cycle.  It's looking like I'll only have 4-5 eggs best case if we go forward, but this will be my second cancelled cycle, so I'm not sure what we'll do.  We were thinking about getting a second opinion, but there doesn't really seem to be any other REs around here.

I hope that your endo is all cleared up and you get your BFP soon!

Thanks Traci, and yes you are right, there are not many RE's in our area at all.  I used to drive over an hour to my previous doctor, sometimes even more than that if I had to go to the main office.  I haven't gone through IVF so I don't know much about egg retrieval but I do know that sometimes it does wonders for a fresh set of eyes to take a look at a situation and I do wish you the best of luck!  Oh, and GO COLTS!

FET#1 - April 2011 - BFN
    FET#2 - June 2011 - BFN
  • It makes me feel a bit better to see other Michiganders on here-reminds me that I'm not the only one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"