Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pack-n-play (? for current moms)

Do you really use your PNP?  I have started pre-shopping (just to see what is out there) and I like them, but I am not sure what I might really use it for.  Thanks!

PS - This is a P&R but I will be back for responses!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pack-n-play (? for current moms)

• Yep!  When DD was very small, we kept it downstairs and used it for the changing station and bassinet for naps.  Now, we use it when we travel or visit friends and need a place for DD to sleep.  Football season is around the corner and we love getting together at friends' houses to watch the games.  DD still needs to nap, so the PnP comes with us!  FIL does not have a crib at his house, so we use it there as well. 
  • i live on a single floor house so i didnt use it until recently. i had one with the napper and changer but i wound up returning it for just a basic pack and play since i didnt need it until now and he outgrew the other attachements
    image 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • We never bought one. We have travelled three times with DS. Once to visit my mom in Phoenix and used a PnP that my bro and sister in law had at their house and twice on other trips. The other trips, we just borrowed one from a friend. And there were plenty of people offering to lend theirs to us (in fact now we have one in our utility room that a friend "gave" to us because she ended up with two). The one time we stayed in a hotel, they had a crib set up in the room for us. Other than travelling, we have had no need for a PnP at home. DS always slept upstairs in his crib or in a small bassinet in our room (we didn't want a big PnP in our room so went with the smaller bassinet that came with his stroller). And we have always changed DS upstairs in his room on the changing table (pad on dresser), so no need for a changing station downstairs (I'm way to neurotic for that! :)).
  • DS has slept in the bassinet of the PNP in our room since we brought him home, so we have used it a lot.  We also plan to use it when we travel but we haven't taken DS on any road trips yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love ours. DD1 slept in the bassinet part for her 1st three months. After that we started using it as a playpen or 'baby jail' when one of us needed to hop in the shower, or do something quick and had to keep our LO contained. We have toys and books in it, and it keeps her safe for the few minutes we need.
  • We used ours a lot when DS was a baby. We used it for some naps and as a changer in our living room for the first few months. When he started crawling, I could put some toys in it and keep him contained while I made dinner, had to use the bathroom, etc. We plan on using it again with this baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Only when traveling
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • We used ours for a LONG time.  It was set up in our living room until just before his 2nd birthday.  My advice is to start using it early and don't stop so that LO is used to it.  Seems like if you try to put a toddler in one who hasn't ever used it before- they will freak out (at least my niece did!)  It ended up being a great place to keep him contained for a few minutes with some books/toys while I would cook/clean/whatever.  Oh and we also used one at both sets of grandparents houses and he even slept in it at my mom's house a week ago- even though he's been in a big boy bed for months at home.  Really... I know not everyone can say this- but I got my monies worth out of that thing!

• My LO sleeps in his every night in my room. 
  • I am probably one of trhe few people who bought a PNP to use as a playpen, e.g. a safe place to play instead of a bassinet so I use it for that purpose.  I had a moses basket for naps when DS was younger.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"