Multiples
Options

if you had issues with cervical length

what were some of the warning signs, if any?

Re: if you had issues with cervical length

• Options

Unfortunately I had no warning signs.  I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and they measured my cervix at 2.4 cm.  Honestly at that point, I didn't even know anything about checking cervical length.  But I had no signs of pressure or anything else. 

My doctor put me on modified bed rest at that point, which led to strict bedrest and hospital bedrest later (history in siggy).  I was monitored very closely after they found my cervix had shortened, which helped them decide exactly when I needed each type of bedrest.  GL - hope you don't have to deal with any cervical issues!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have any warning signs, either.  I was just totally paranoid and requested an extra appointment for a cervical check, which showed my cervix was shortening.  That is the problem with cervical shortening, it doesn't feel like anything, and it can happen without contractions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my cervical length from the first check at 19 weeks and my last one at 24 weeks was 3.5.  not long, but not too short either.

after 2-3 days of very minor menstrual-like cramping, i went in to find that i was 4cm dilated at 27w.

they should start checking yours regularly around this time or starting pretty soon.  don't be afraid to ask for one if they don't offer it!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    no warnings here either.  I had a really long crvix and then around 20 weeks i went in and it went down to 2.5 and funneling so bed rest ti was for me.  I knew it was going to happen but did not expect it to go so fast.  Up until that day i was still working full time, but I am also 5 ft. and had tripelts so my doc said the weight of the babies and the restricted area did not help the situation.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagesrh08.05.06:

Unfortunately I had no warning signs.  I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and they measured my cervix at 2.4 cm.  Honestly at that point, I didn't even know anything about checking cervical length.  But I had no signs of pressure or anything else. 

My doctor put me on modified bed rest at that point, which led to strict bedrest and hospital bedrest later (history in siggy).  I was monitored very closely after they found my cervix had shortened, which helped them decide exactly when I needed each type of bedrest.  GL - hope you don't have to deal with any cervical issues!

This. I had no warning signs, knew nothing about cervical length. Throughout my pregnancy, I've also done modified bedrest, strict at home bedrest, and 4 weeks of hospital bedrest, all of this starting around 22 weeks. I finally was taken off all bedrest at 35 weeks. I'm now 36w5d. Good luck!

• Options
    My only warning sign was pressure "down there." But I had no idea it was a warning sign at the time. I made an OB appt at 20w b/c I thought I had a bladder infection. I didn't, but while I was there the OB asked me for some reason if I had pressure. When I said yes he did a manual exam and sure enough my cervix had shortened and softened. I was put on modified bedrest for a week, then taken off, then put back on it indefinitely. My cervix goes from good to ok to bad to ok and so on and I never have any idea.
  • Options

imageBeccaLandes:
    I didn't have any warning signs, either.  I was just totally paranoid and requested an extra appointment for a cervical check, which showed my cervix was shortening.  That is the problem with cervical shortening, it doesn't feel like anything, and it can happen without contractions. 

This was me too- I did have some major pressure that I thought was normal.

• Options
    imagesusanc07:

they should start checking yours regularly around this time or starting pretty soon.  don't be afraid to ask for one if they don't offer it!

my first check is in three weeks. I'm nervous to wait that long, but they didn't think it was necessary until then... 

• Options

I had no symptoms - I had an u/s with an MFM at around 26w5d because an earlier u/s showed that E had an enlarged kidney.  Well, thankfully his kidney was okay, but the doctor saw that my cervix had shortened from almost 4cm (from my earlier u/s at my ob office) to less than 2cm.  I was also contracting every 8-10 minutes but couldn't really feel them.  I was admitted to the hospital for a week, released and then put on strict bedrest.

I was admitted again for a week around 31 weeks, but managed to keep the babies in until 36w6d - my cervix seemed to hover between 1-1.8 cm during that time. 

Hopefully you won't have any issues - good luck! 

• Options
    The warning I guess was the amount of BH I was having, but most I didn't really feel or were light enough that I wasn't sure if it were gas,babies moving,etc.  It was through cervical measuring done monthly that it was found.
  • Options
    thanks for the responses everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"