Multiples
Options

When to stop swaddling?

When should you stop swaddling?

We attempted this week-end and Oliver did just fine, slept 9-7 no problem.  But Harrison woke up numerous throughout the night...

Re: When to stop swaddling?

• Options
    When we found one of our guys had rolled onto his stomach in the swaddle at 4 months old, our pedi said we had to stop swaddling. We put them in sleep sacks the next night and it was a surprisingly easy transition.
  • Options
    Both of our girls let us know when they were ready by breaking free of their swaddles with their arms.  One was ready about a month ago and the other was last week.  We went also went to sleep sacks with no problem. 
    Rose Proud momma of twin girls born 5/12/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

all 3 of my boys were swaddle addicts. We swaddled them all (night time only) until about 6 months. we used the miracle blankets and just left their legs out when they got bigger - worked great. 

• Options
    When they start rolling, the swaddles need to go.
  • Options
    We stopped swaddling mabe a 10 days ago and it's been great.  No issues so far.  We stopped b/c my boys broke out of the swaddle me's and the Miracle blankets.  Once they started breaking out of the Miracle Blankets we knew something had to be done.   :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We experimented with stopping a few times, but my boys weren't ready to stop until 6m.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Katelynn doesn't need a swaddle. Every now and then we'll use the swaddle me on her if she's really having a fit, but she doesn't regularly use it. Leah has started breaking her arms out of the swaddle, so last night we just swaddled from the chest down and she did great. i figure we'll do this until she breaks her legs out or starts rolling over. 
  • Options
    We stopped about three weeks ago. They both had beenbreaking out for awhile, so we stopped.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • Options
    Our boys were late to roll so Nathan was swaddled until 6 months.  We tried to de-swaddle Joey then too but he was up alot (previously STTN since 3 months)... we tried again at 7 months... no go.  By 7.5 months they were both swaddle free and STTN.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"