1st Trimester

My baby's heart stopped.

I went in for my ultrasound this afternoon and I knew pretty much right away that it wasn't going to be good news.  The technician wasn't saying anything and I didn't see anything that resembled a heartbeat.  The baby measured 6w6d and the sac measured 5w3d.  I don't remember what the sac was last week when they saw the heartbeat, but the baby measured 6w3d when I was 6w5d.  My doctor told me to keep my ultrasound appointment for this Wednesday so they can take really careful measurements again just to double-check everything.  I am not expecting anything though.  It would be different if there was no heartbeat last week because the radiologist did say that I'm still on the cusp of when they can normally see it.  I just can't imagine that the hospital's equipment is that much better than the place I went today.  So, now I just wait and see what happens and hope that I don't miscarry in school.  My kindergarteners come tomorrow, but luckily we have half-days this week.  I had such an empty, alone feeling right after the ultrasound, but I'm starting to feel slightly better.  I'm just so exhausted from all of the ups and downs on this emotional rollercoaster and am somewhat relieved that at least I don't have to wonder anymore if my baby is going to live or die.

Re: My baby's heart stopped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"