Northern California Babies
Options

NBR: Bathroom dilemna WWYD

So we are renting our house and it is a 2.5 bath. The boys' bathroom has this horibble wallpaper/texture stuff on the bottom part of the wall. It is peeling off and looks like crap. The owner said " oh and if you want to take this of you can, blah blah blah. " What I REALLY want to do is take it off, but then the wall would have to be re-textured and may as well paint it if were going to do that. The owner would pay for it all, he's cool like that. But all that work into a rental just to make the bathroom look cute and decorative ? It bugs me every day, I really depise that bathroom right now..............

wwyd ? Leave it or change it ? 

Re: NBR: Bathroom dilemna WWYD

• Options

If he was paying, I definitely wouldn't mind putting in the effort to pull it off and paint. (Assuming it really was bothering me.)

I guess it depends on how much you hate painting. :)

- Rene
  • Options
    If it's driving you crazy and he's paying, I would totally do it. I think that even if it's not your place, you still have to live there. If it would make you happier and make you feel good about your environment, then go for it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is totally geeky, but it reminds me of The Sims video games where their happiness bar goes up when they like the way their environment/home looks. :)

Do it for your happiness bar!

- Rene
  • Options

Could you tack up some wainscotting (sp?) & bead board and forego the texture on that lower portion?

I would not mind the labor involved if it was someone elses bill.

• Options
    I'd do it.  While I wouldn't pour tons of time and money into a rental - just because you're renting a house doesn't mean it's not your home.  It's great that he'd pay for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"