TTC after 35

How do you do it?

This is a 1/2 vent and 1/2 looking for advice: 

For those who are working outside of the home and trying to do IUI/IVF how are you doing it without losing your minds?  I had an appt. today and the dr. was an hour late for an appt. that took 10 minutes.  I'm at the very start of the IUI process and I must have already spent at least 10 hours waiting in dr.'s offices.  How do you balance work (and a boss who would really, really like for you to be at your desk) and the IUI/IVF process?

Re: How do you do it?

• I only met with the Doctor in his office for the very first meeting. Other than a few tests, everything else such as blood work and U/S I was able to make in the early morning. Luckily, they open at 6:45. I was late a lot but only a few minutes. The hard part for me was taking off for the ER and Transfer. Good luck to you!!!
    Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
  • I always have appts at the most inconvienent times - luckily my office is fairly flexible.  I do take my blackberry with me and respond to emails while I'm in the waiting room...or on my 15 minute wait after the IUI. 

Maybe you could ask the scheduler what is the best time for the least amount of wait?  Seems like early appts are best at my Drs office.

My last IUI I had a big meeting with out of town people on the day of my insemination.  I just told my colleague I had an Drs appt I could not change and I was sorry - it worked out okay.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Fortunately, I work in a very flexible office...and my RE appts seem to be early morning or right around lunch time.  I work about 30 minutes from the clinic. 

I agree with jcath about asking the scheduler when's the best time to avoid long wait times.  Sometimes waiting is inevitable, but an hour!?  That's just crazy!!

GL!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I changed jobs several years ago that could better accommodate my TTC schedule. Like the pp said, I am accessible by phone and email while I'm in the office and I carry a pager, everyone knows I can be reached at anytime. I find early morning (the very first appt of the day) or immediately after lunch are good times in my office for quicker appts. Balancing and juggling everything is not easy! Good Luck. 
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"