LGBT Parenting
Options

Boston recommendation?

Finding myself a little overwhelmed with choosing an OB.  Can anyone in the Boston area offer some recommendations.  I definitely want to deliver at Brigham and have found several practices that do.  But, I would love to know if certain ones are known to be more gay-friendly.  I would hope that any around here would be, but i know that is not likely the case.  Thanks for any recommendations you can offer. 

Re: Boston recommendation?

• Options
    I am in the Boston area but can't offer any help as far as OBs.  I had all my care (from conception through pregnancy and birth) with midwives.  But I wanted to say Hi and Welcome to the board!
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I delivered at the Brigham and it was great.  It is a bit of a factory though just so you know.  I can't reccomend an ob since I was transfered there from Newton Wellesley due to an emergency.  I loved my ob but she is an mfm (high risk ob) and I don' t think that she sees "normal" people.  Her name is Katherine Economy.  One of the residents who helped deliver me was Kelly Wright and I know from the show Boston Med that she is gay but I don't know if she is a mfm or regular ob.  I must say in the 2.5 months that we spent at The Brigham (daughter was in the nicu)  we had one very minor anti gay moment.  it was really an non issue I am pretty sure most practices will be very welcoming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought Kelly Wright was a resident so I do not know if she is accepting patients.

I don't think you will have any significant difficulties at any hospitals, but I am hoping to use midwives so unfortunately don't have any particular recommendations.  

But welcome and good luck! 

• Options

Thanks for all the information.  It's nice to know you are all out there.  We made a decision today and are really happy with it.  Dr. Schueler and Dr. Miner are with the Brigham/Faulkner group and seem fabulous.  I did hear that they have had many lesbian couples in their pratice. 

We worked with AICGB for our insems and absolutely loved the midwives.  We would completely stay with them if they delivered at Brigham.  My wife's life was once saved by Children's Hospital - so delivering in a buildling attached to them feels right (though it may be overkill). 

I have to say - it is so nice to have this outlet.  While we have shared our news with parents, siblings, and a few close friends - it will be a bit of time before we announce to a larger circle. 

• Options

Your right she is a fourth year.  So next year she will be a "real" doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"