Multiples

potty training

We have g/b twins and I am at a loss as to how to potty train them. DS tells me when he's dirty and takes his diaper off when wet, DD tells me when ever her diaper needs changing. We're (OK, I) am attempting to PT them. Any tips from some of you with older twins? DD went sucessfully once so far, but DS is still a hold out. TIA

Re: potty training

• Not sure how accurate your ticker is (I know some get stuck at even years).  My DS wasn't ready to PT until he was over 2.5 and it's gone pretty well with him so far.  When I first started DS1 I would take him to the potty first thing in the morning, up from naps, before naps, before bed, before a bath, and about every 20-30 minutes in between.  He pee trained pretty quick (I'd say in a matter of weeks he was having minimal accidents (maybe 1 or 2 per day).  Now he rarely has a pee accident.  We're working on pooping in the potty now.  You can buy a training potty (that you have to clean out) or you can put them on the potty backwards (what I prefer b/c it's much easier clean up).  Home Depot also sells potty training seats that are awesome, it's a regular toilet seat but there's also a training seat that's attached and stay magnetized to the lid unless you pull it down for around $30.  I really like Gerber training underwear, they have a thicker center so it helps to absorb (it'll still soak through and get their clothes wet but it does prevent most puddles on the floor).  GL.
  • We started PT when they were alittle over 2.5 yrs old.  DD was keeping her diaper dry during the day, but not DS.  We put DD in underwear and DS was sad he didn't wear them too.  He was pooping in the potty every night before bath for 3 nights so we put him in underwear too. 

They were both PT'd within 2 weeks.  We offered stickers when they went to the bathroom on the potty.  One sticker for pee and 2 for poo.  DD had 3 poo accidents 3 days in a row, but then got the hang of it.  DS had a couple pee and 1 poo accident.  We'd take them to the potty every hour or so in the beginning.  They were overnight PT'd before they were 3.  GL!

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"