Nurseries and Baby Gear

How many??

So, we are adopting and have no idea when our baby will be here and I have been shopping for the necessities and probaby have too many of some things and not enough of others.

A few items I'm curious about....how many recieving blankets should I get? How many bibs? How many swaddles?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many??

• Those are hard questions to answer bc a lot of it depends on personal preference. Personally, we like a couple different baby blankets for covering him in the carseat, a couple standard sized receiving blankets for his arms for the escape proof swaddle, & a couple waffle checked blankets for swaddling.
  • Not entirely sure, so I'll be interested to see what other people post, but I believe I've read you'll want to have between 6-8 receiving blankets, 6-10 bibs, and I'm planning on having at least 5 sleepers (a few with the swaddle option-not sure if that's what you meant though).

Hope everything goes well with the adaption! Congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • Edit to my previous post (this is what the bump recommends):

4-6 receiving blankets
    1-2 heavier blankets
    2 sleep sacks for winter babies
    4-8 bibs

https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/checklist-buying-for-baby.aspx

• imageFinallyMrs.G:

So, we are adopting and have no idea when our baby will be here and I have been shopping for the necessities and probaby have too many of some things and not enough of others.

A few items I'm curious about....how many recieving blankets should I get? How many bibs? How many swaddles?

TIA

How old will the baby be when you bring him or her home?  I didn't use bibs right off the bat, but in the end I probably had about 10 of them.  I didn't use receiving blankets, either, because they were too big to use as burp cloths and not big enough to swaddle.  So I'd buy a bunch of burp cloths and then some swaddle-me's or miracle blankets to swaddle at night.

• Thanks! I better start shopping! I have enough bibs I guess but I only got 3 blankets and wondered if that would be enough. I was just curious how many others would be starting with out of curiosity to get me started.
  • We're adopting newborn.
  • Congrats!  According to the Baby Bargains book, they recommend the following:

receiving blankets:  7-8 and they can be used to swaddle

bibs:  There are small ones and big ones.  The small ones are "drool bibs" and they say they don't really work.  You don't need the bigger bibs until baby starts eating solid foods, so you can hold off

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"