Natural Birth
Options

Scary doctor!

While at my Bradley class my instructor/doula told us this story:

"I was assisting a birth at **** hospital.  While there, I discovered that doctors have these things with a little hook that can slip right over the glove. (imagine putting a little condom on a finger)  He was wanting the patient to get her water broke, which it was medically necessary.  She finally agreed to it and he took of the gloves and put new ones on.  He got the necessary tools.  it was then I realized that he was going to use that little instrament on his finger to "do an exam" and then OOOPS! The water breaks!" 

How unethical and scary!  My instructor tells anyone who is using this particular doctor this story because it bothered her so much.  So glad I'm seeing a midwife!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scary doctor!

• Options
    WOW! Is that your hospital? I was reading a story about a doctor that hid scissors in his gown and tried giving someone an unwanted episiotomy. Her sister was in the room and jumped between the doc and the sister. That's why you can't videotape anymore, cuz you can catch them doing all their unethical behaviors.
  • Options

imagemb1210:
    WOW! Is that your hospital? I was reading a story about a doctor that hid scissors in his gown and tried giving someone an unwanted episiotomy. Her sister was in the room and jumped between the doc and the sister. That's why you can't videotape anymore, cuz you can catch them doing all their unethical behaviors.

yeah, I think I read that same story on this board a while back.. I made DH promise that if he sees scissors at any time to not only jump in between me and the OB, but to strongarm that *sshole out of there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"