South Florida Babies

Birth control??

On Sunday, Christian was baptized. Another family was also baptizing their children, 8 month old twins. They also had a 4 year old and an almost two year old. After service, we chatted a bit and turns out they got pregnant with their son while she was on the depo shot and got pregnant with the twins while having an IUD!!! Talk about fertile Myrtle! I couldn't help but laugh, scared the crap out of Eric though... Lol ( we don't plan on using anything yet, but just the thought of having twins or completely unplanned pregnancies scared him)

Re: Birth control??

• wowww! Now that's quite a story!! and what luck!  That's the perfect example that BC is not 100?? percent effective. And congrats on Christian's baptism!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• But you guys would do great with twins... you are expert parents now. : )  Yeah, that is quite the story, proving BC isn't foolproof.  LOL
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my friends/neighbors was also on some form of BC with all 3 of her pregnancies... She has a 5 year old girl, a 3 year old boy, and twin 1 year old boys!!! ooooops!
  • The thought of twins scares the bejeezus out of me. As far as BC, I've been off the mini-pill for several months now and still no pp AF for me. I'd kind of like to have it back so we can start trying when Benjamin turns 1. I've always wondered about the shot, though...or an IUD...something other than the pill would be nice.

Also, congrats on Christian's Baptism! You are always on top of things, mama! It took us 8 months...and a hunt for an 18 month sized suit to get Benjamin baptised.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh my!  that is scary!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"