South Florida Babies

Dry Max protection in diapers...

It seems like all diapers have these lately! Well, not all - but a lot of brands. We had good luck with BJs diapers last time around so we stocked up on a few this weekend and they do not have the dry max. So many people I know have had bad experiences with these diapers and rashes that I don't even want to take the chance.

What has your experience and/observation been?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry Max protection in diapers...

• never had a problem here, and we actually like them. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • We use the Pampers Max Dry and by accident Mario bought Alex a pack of Pampers baby dry and for us it gave him a really bad reaction for 2 weeks. This was after us thinking it was him being sick or maybe food allergies. Right when we figured out what it was we got the correct ones and instantly his butt was much better. My suggestion don't throw away the box- you can always try and return it.

• Loading the player...
  • No problem here. I didn't even know about it until Adrianna was like two month old and I started reading posts over on the 0-3 board.

• Is Dry Max in brands other than Pampers, or am I misunderstanding the original post? I thought it was just a Pampers thing, but I have noticed it's hard to come by Pampers without Dry Max.

I'm wary of using them, but of course have no real-life experience. 

• We've had no issues with the pampers dry max and still use them!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• huggies and publix brand don't have it...

we had a terrible problem with it.  the second it touched abby's skin, she looked like she was bleeding.  her poor tush was raw!  i didn't dare try them with sarah.  so we use either pamper baby dry (no dry max) or huggies for sarah and the pampers ultra protection night time ones (no dry max) as well.

• After about 2 months, Spencer's twig and berries are finally healed.  He was literally burned.  We switched to some of the organic ones, as the less color the diaper has the less chemical was in it.  However, the Target brand did work well for us....once he is completely healed we may try it again. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • No problem here.  I didn't even notice the Dry Max - bought them on sale - and then later that week read something about kids having a bad reaction...guess that's why they were on sale.  But my kids didn't have any allergive ractions to them. 

• I loved my pampers with all my heart and then came Dry Max and my DD's tush got so burnt!  I juggle between Target brand, Huggies (which I don't really care for) and Seventh Generation now and no problems with any of these.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We've been using these with Lucas and have had no problems ;)
  • Carley's been in Pampers since day one and we haven't had any issues. She's such a heavy wetter through the night, that if she doesn't have a Dry Max diaper on, she wakes up soaked in pee. The diapers seem to solve that problem for us. I know a few of the ladies had issues with the diapers, but we haven't had any problems at all. However, I did hear that Target brand diapers are pretty good compared to Pampers -- so we might try those as well. 
  • imageGenaAndJosh:
    After about 2 months, Spencer's twig and berries are finally healed.  He was literally burned.  We switched to some of the organic ones, as the less color the diaper has the less chemical was in it.  However, the Target brand did work well for us....once he is completely healed we may try it again. 

My son's reaction was almost instant as soon as he wore ONE freaking Dry Max diaper, and 2 weeks later, it's better, but not fully healed. It was terrible, burned, chafed, swollen, red, bloody. Terrible. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"